Reverb Advice.

What's Hot
AllyAlly Frets: 64
edited June 2016 in FX
Hello, I was hoping for some advice on reverb pedals please.

I like the sounds of the Caroline Meteore, and also the Old Blood Noise Endeavors Darkstar.

Definitely keen on the scope and textures these can offer, but is there anything else I should consider at around the same cost. Budget would be up to £200.

Or indeed, any opinions on the pedals I've mentioned?

I'm not versed in pedals really, and after much interneting, any additional advice would be good.

Thanks folks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7849

Polara gets you into similar territory as the Darkstar.

TC Electronic Trinity 2 is also a good contender. Approx £80 lightly used. I had one, loved it. Tone print was also a useful feature to add a 'regular' reverb.

M :)
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    You owe it to yourself to at least check out the Death By Audio Reverberation Machine. It is incredible.

I sold one as I needed the cash and it's one of those pedals that I've regret letting go ever since.
    How very rock and roll
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7849
    edited June 2016
    That's a mad pedal.  Love it!

Although I seriously love the look of the meteore as well. You have exceptionally taste in reverbs sir! ;-)
    How very rock and roll
    TheMarlin;1120767" said:
    That's a mad pedal.  Love it!

Although it is crazy in that demo AND they try and accentuate it's madness you really can use it as a "standard reverb." Obviously it excels at the weird stuff but there's a tonne of useable stuff in there as well.

I WILL buy another one day!
    How very rock and roll
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Yep, Reverberation Machine is a smashing pedal. I got one last year even though I didn't need a reverb, but it sounded that good. Some of the sounds when on the 'Light' setting are unreal, it's like paradise. Only downside to it is that it can get very loud, just like the majority of DBA stuff. However with the fuzz control low it is perfectly useable. Also looks great too.

From what I've heard, it is VERY similar to the Caroline Meteore, which I'd love to try out firsthand.

Best 'budget' verb I've heard is the Hardwire Supernatural. The Mr Black Supermoon can get some crazy sounds if a tad limitied. Subdecay Super Spring Theory has Trails and a Room verb setting for decent moneys.
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Walrus Descent ?

EHX Cathedral
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• AllyAlly Frets: 64
    Thanks guys. Advice appriciated.

Watched lots of demos and so on.

Just ordered the Darkstar. Looks like the kind of thing I'm into soundwise. It should also sit well with my other pedals:
    EHX memory man with hazarai,
    Gravitas,
    Gunshot,
    Bass Big Muff,
    Industrialectric 4046-M.

With the Darkstar, should be lots of sounds in there. Thanks again folks.
  • You could get a used Strymon Blue Sky for that budget?
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    edited June 2016
    I think you'll really enjoy the Darkstar from what I've seen.

I use a Supermoon chrome for the modulation. There are some really bent sounds in there. And there's another limited version of the Supermoon called Bloodmoon coming too.

The reverb on my Dr.Scientist BitQuest is amazing. I actually prefer the reverb on that to the Supermoon. I prefer the brighter voicing. It also has sick modulation and infinite reverb that will canabilize into mucky gooey entrails. It has a billion other sounds too and is within budget. Love this pedal.

The Catalinbread Talisman is just heads and shoulders above every reverb pedal I've played. It has a buffered mode so it continues when off. It has a pre-delay and clean boost. An amazing high pass filter which means you can set incredibly clean and natural reverb sounds. It introduces some very minor reflections, degredation and very slight modulation at the very end of the tails decay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AllyAlly Frets: 64
    edited June 2016
    Thanks guys. Certainly enjoyed looking at the pedals you've suggested.

I did go for the Darkstar and used it a bit now. Very pleased with it. It's great actually.

Glad of your suggestions though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WarpedSoundsWarpedSounds Frets: 79
    edited July 2016
    I'd look at a used Neunaber with EXP. Should come in at around £200 and it becomes a multi-fx. A used Blue Sky can be had a little cheaper.

Both brilliant, but different.