Japanese Standard strat sale price ?

What's Hot
catdogcatdog Frets: 124
How much should i be asking for an almost mint 94 black standard Jap strat with rosewood board made at the Fugi-gen plant ..no case just a gig bag...Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    No less that 450 if u ask me.
  • catdogcatdog Frets: 124
    thats was what i was hoping i got it listed on gumtree for £500 at the moment 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Good man. :)

Don't get blagged in letting it go cheaper. Quality instruments and nearly vintage I guess.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    cheers buddy , i been playing it again tonight & it plays & sounds so good i may just keep it as i have some fat 50's on a plate with cts  pots here from an old project i was working on & the plate is Japanese too so it will fit rite in & i will just put the plate off it aside in casei decide to sell again in the future ..thanks for the help
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Go on eBay and do a MIJ strat search that includes completed listings. Prices in green are what guitars sold for and prices in red didn't sell. Can be very useful when selling. 

Your price sounds optimistic to me, but no harm in trying.

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    £350-400 if its black and depending on location. Black guitars sell for less generally than their more colourful vintage styled brethren and you can buy classic series Mex Strats for £250.
    maybe its a bit steep but it honestly compares to any USA standard i have played  Its better than a few i have had or played on actually & it blows any Mexican away that i have played ..Think im gonna just keep it for now
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3039
    Pics? What's the neck like?
    the necks great ..its really smooth & fast with no sharp edges on the board..Its not thick gloss either so its not sticky & the grain on the back maple & rosewood front is very straight ..The frets themselves are just standard they feel like medium jumbos in width but maybe vintage height & there is no fret rattle or buzz even with a low action...I think the radius feels like a 9.5 or slightly flatter & the back is not too fat or too thin its round about a medium C shape ..Its really comfortable to play & sounds spanky & livley even unplugged ..how do you get pics on here ?   its on gumtree at the moment with some pics
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    catdog said:
    maybe its a bit steep but it honestly compares to any USA standard i have played  Its better than a few i have had or played on actually & it blows any Mexican away that i have played 
    Very nice, but that doesn't change what it is worth. Somebody selling a £15 Marlin sidewinder would probably say the same thing! Having said that, I agree with you, I got rid of two american strats but kept my MIJ.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3039
    catdog said:
    the necks great ..its really smooth & fast with no sharp edges on the board..Its not thick gloss either so its not sticky & the grain on the back maple & rosewood front is very straight ..The frets themselves are just standard they feel like medium jumbos in width but maybe vintage height & there is no fret rattle or buzz even with a low action...I think the radius feels like a 9.5 or slightly flatter & the back is not too fat or too thin its round about a medium C shape ..Its really comfortable to play & sounds spanky & livley even unplugged ..how do you get pics on here ?   its on gumtree at the moment with some pics
    Can't see it - got a link?

R.
    cant seem to post a link here type in 1994 Made in Japan Stratocaster 
    on Gumtree