NSD (again!) Oberheim content

Added a properly knobby analogue to sit next to the Kronos:

Gorgeously rich tone and very smooth filters, it's easy to get lost for hours tweaking this and that. Plus a dual sequencer and modern velocity and aftertouch sensitive keyboard. Duophonic, split, unison or 4xVCO mono. Definitely need to print out some patch sheets.

Not got anything to plug into all of those patch points yet, but once the credit card recovers...
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Whoah...

Seriously jealous here
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    That is epic, when was it made?
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    Nice. Was just reading this months SoS review, you're going to have fun with that.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6101
    That is epic, when was it made?
    Brand new - it's the reissue. Hence the aftertouch and MIDI/etc. A few other analogue improvements over the '70s TVP, too.

Blobb - same here. I checked the SoS review after watching these two videos, and that was that.

I get lost for hours in it, and I really need those patch sheets to 'save' settings. :) Or maybe just take photos of the front panel...

• Amazing!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Now that is what I call a synth.
    Bloody amazing!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Flipping gorgeous !!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7145
    So then, full disclosure! What exactly do you have in your synth collection? Seems an enviable stash. 
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Yes, spill the beans!   :-)
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    Not many compared to some!

Weird little things like the Tenori-on and Hatsune Miku vocaloid and Volca Sample. But the main things are the Korg Kronos (so capable it seems like cheating!), this TVS Pro and the Yamaha CS-15. A one-knob-per-function analogue poly is the next aim. A few on their way out (Yamaha CS1x and Korg M1and the Roland Gaia just gone).

So far I've been able to avoid the modular bug (I do not dream of wires), but the TVS has plenty of patch points, and... well, we all know there's probably a Eurorack looming.

One knob analog Poly? - Prophet 6 highly recommended. Is the Tenori On any good? They always looked fun, but is it short lived? Liked the early Little Boots stuff that used one. 
    I hear you on the P6, but then I find it very hard to tell the DSI stuff apart - OB6? Or P8/12 or PolyEvolver? Mopho x4? Etc. The Modal 002 looks interesting but spendy. So I'm holding fire until trying the Behringer in person.

The Tenori-on is ... almost brilliant. The "almost" thing is hard to put into words but whatever it is, it occasionally gets in the way. But it does get you out of a keyboard/guitar rut, which can be good. The built-in sounds are very average, almost GM-like. You can load a few of your own samples.I bet the iPad version makes more sense. For now it's a sketchpad. It can output MIDI, so I will hook it up to the other stuff.

The OB6 does look very nice... Pretty similar to the P6 I think; just depends which way your bread is buttered. Idiot proof workflow though - no menus at all. 
    Was dicking around with my pair earlier too; seem to pair very well. Also worth a mention is the MFB Tanzmaus analog drum machine. Fiddly to use, but my word it sounds superb.