Total Tosser

What's Hot
Right so last night I got home from work to find my gf had invited a Lithuanian girl from across the road round for a cup of tea. 
They both have little babies so it's nice to have someone to chat to for my gf. 
Hearing this poor girls story I nearly lost it. 
Her partner of 10 years, decided that father hood is not for him, so kicked her out with 6 months to go, she ended up going from one place to another until she could find somewhere to live, including staying with a stranger after her daughter was born, she moved 7 times in 7 months. 
Shes now managed to get a part equity home opposite us, but had to move out of Cambridge as she could afford to live there. she is a nurse at Addenbrooks, working 4 days a week 12 hour shifts plus the 1 hour drive each way, when she's on a night shift she has a friend look after her daughter, then has to look after her during the day, after a night shift. 
Shes spending £1200 a month on child care and not much left over, 
just after the child was born the father decided to try being a dad, lasted a few days and f@&ked off, taking £500 out of her account while she was laid up recovering, she went without food for 3 days until she got paid again. 
Shes currently getting things back together and building her life, she's positive upbeat and just accepting of it all. 
I found out she's no tv, so I had a root around in the garage and found a satellite box, dish and cabling, I'm giving her the tv I had earmarked for my 'man cave' just so she's got a bit of entertainment as currently she only has internet on her phone. 

Oh oh and this guy is not a layabout dole scrounger, he's English, working in a middle management position in a city council. 

Life is wasted on some people. 
" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

What an absolute WankPuffin.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12363
    She probably tells everyone that and has a weekly trip to cash converters to sell off all the tellies.  ;)
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    edited July 2016
    Unfortunately some people have kids who really dont deserve to be parents, like that guy.

A friend of my wife had a kid with her boyfriend unexpectedly. She moved in with him but didn't notify the council about it. The council were suspicious of him so he kicked her out with a few month old baby. She had to move back in with her parents and the boyfriend (now ex) is a pretty useless father. He considers them an inconvinience and doesn't support her or even bother to interact with his kid.

There's people like myself who didn't want a kid untill I knew I could support a family and pay the mortgage etc, doing everything I felt was right for us and then there's people who see children as a problem for some one else

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    boogieman said:
    She probably tells everyone that and has a weekly trip to cash converters to sell off all the tellies.  ;)
    Ha, guess where I got it from...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Nikko said:

What an absolute WankPuffin.

New favourite insult!!!!!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Feckless tosspot (not you, the absent father ;) )
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12363
    boogieman said:
    Seriously, you did a great job there, you can feel proud of yourself for helping the poor girl out.

Some twats don't even deserve oxygen, hope she's got the CSA on his case? 
    boogieman said:
    boogieman said:
    Seriously, you did a great job there, you can feel proud of yourself for helping the poor girl out.

Some twats don't even deserve oxygen, hope she's got the CSA on his case? 
    Yeah I'm gonna get her to look it up. 
    They made my dads life very awkward lol
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Happened to my sister.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Happened to my sister.
    That's awful. 
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    While I'm not saying she's a liar, there's always 2 sides to any story, I'm wary of taking things like this on face value from one party-especially when there's feelings/kids/money involved. Regardless, if the guy's not seeing and paying for his kid, he's a cunt no doubt.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Happened to my sister.
    That's awful. 
    Pretty much, yeah! 
    lloyd said:
    While I'm not saying she's a liar, there's always 2 sides to any story, I'm wary of taking things like this on face value from one party-especially when there's feelings/kids/money involved. Regardless, if the guy's not seeing and paying for his kid, he's a cunt no doubt.
    Absolutely, always more complicated than meets the eye, but I can't imagine many girls would put themselves in that situation. 
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    lloyd said:
    Absolutely, always more complicated than meets the eye, but I can't imagine many girls would put themselves in that situation. 

Nah, I'm not saying she has, she could have done anything to force his hand, there's plenty of crazies out there. Like I say, I know nothing about the situation but am always wary of taking anything somebody says about an ex at face value, it's never going to be an accurate picture.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• StanleyAccringtonStanleyAccrington Frets: 264
    edited July 2016
    Thought it was another Boris Johnson/Brexit thread when I saw the subject heading!
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    lloyd said:
    Doesn't the UK subscribe to the idea that a parent has to contribute? Can't she force him to pay child support? 

And... Whilst he likely is a dick, she might be stabby or otherwise impossible to live with. 

And... She can pay £1200 a month on child care? In addition to rent,  utilities, travel and food? On a nurses salary? Something seems off. 
    Thought it was another Boris Johnson/Brexit thread when I saw the subject heading!
    Ha ha I'm over that now.......
    Myranda said:
    lloyd said:
    Doesn't the UK subscribe to the idea that a parent has to contribute? Can't she force him to pay child support? 

And... Whilst he likely is a dick, she might be stabby or otherwise impossible to live with. 

And... She can pay £1200 a month on child care? In addition to rent,  utilities, travel and food? On a nurses salary? Something seems off. 
    I might have that figure wrong, I might have had it in my head from Drews post yesterday, pretty sure it was close to that figure tho. 
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Myranda said:
    lloyd said:

I might have that figure wrong, I might have had it in my head from Drews post yesterday, pretty sure it was close to that figure tho. 
    Seems high is all... Just that rent and travel for a hour into Cambridge would be likely over £2000 a month - unless she's a very senior nurse I'd not think her take hone was that high... 

If it's just a misremembered number then ignore me for that... Still think she could compell the dad to pay up
    Myranda said:
    Myranda said:
    lloyd said:

Seems high is all... Just that rent and travel for a hour into Cambridge would be likely over £2000 a month - unless she's a very senior nurse I'd not think her take hone was that high... 

If it's just a misremembered number then ignore me for that... Still think she could compell the dad to pay up
    Totally agree, I think he need to step up. 
    I realise fathoms is not for everyone and he's better off out of the family if he's gonna be a negative force, but he still needs to contribute, they had tried for years it seems but no luck then gave up, 4 years later. Boom. 
    Baby lol.