SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/Poss FT GSPBasses Superstrat build NEW TRADES ADDED

What's Hot
DrBobDrBob Frets: 3012
edited October 2016 in Parts £
Okay so, prompted by @axisus 'Have You Found Your Soulmate' thread I'm taking stock. I keep getting excited & building more guitars, partly because with access to talent like Gahams who wouldn't ? But truth be told ever sinceI bolted together my other GSPBasses Strat I've not played anything else so maybe I should move this one on.

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/lorddonricci/EABFD2F4-7DF0-4767-929F-40A6EAACA605_zpsn96emh6i.jpg
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/lorddonricci/9CBAF424-767F-41B1-ACB7-22FC24AD2BC7_zpshx3nmltt.jpg
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/lorddonricci/1D90FA3E-3D5F-4946-ACF1-388C6E465760_zpsqxfblc1q.jpg

Basically I was after building myself a chunkier necked Superstrat to replace my much missed Tyler so I got in touch with Graham.
He took a Strat body and took off 5mm all the way around the edge to give it a sharper profiled almost Suhr Pro series look but as it is a Strat at heart it will still take a Standard Strat pickguard, he also drilled it for an edge mounted jack socket and a Wilkinson VS100 SB (Steel Block) trem and also inserted the threaded studs for the trem.

The neck is a bit chunkier than the generic Fender C at a hair over 23mm at the nut & 24.5 at the 12th fret, 43mm wide at the nut, 57mm wide at the body, 12" (I think) radius board 6100 frets. It also has threaded inserts at the neck joint and bolts which will go with it and the headstock has been reshaped to ape a the Kramer/Suhr 'beak'

Paint is by Rich the Welsh Wizard and so we have a killer Tangerine Metallic with matching headstock and satin finish to back of the neck.

It's a beaut, it really is and I suspect that once built will be a bit of a monster, it's just that I'm a bit skint and really dont need it I'm being honest..

So with all that in mind, anyone interested ?

Including the body, neck, paintjob, neck inserts & Wilkinson VS100 (which I would of course include in the bundle) I think I'm into this for a hair over £500 which is of course a fair chunk of change but I know that I'm going to lose money on this, if indeed I can find a buyer in the current market place..

I was going to throw it out there at £350 delivered, trade value nearer £400 if anyones interested.

I do also have a master vol/master tone/5way Oil City Loom, a set of very nice Hipshot staggered locking tuners and a couple of Oil City single coils that I could bundle in for an extra consideration if that helps ?

As for trades ?

Cash as ever is king but full/partial trades for the following certainly entertained

Currently in the market for an Allparts TMO/TRO Fat Tele neck
Also have a Jazzmaster itch that needs scratching, self builds considered as are parts
Same with Flying V's

Might also consider a decent set of powered monitor speakers..

Thanks for looking you lovely lot

*NEW TRADES*

Currently in the market for a smallish 15-20w Higher gain head.

Things that have caught my eye thus far are the EVH5150 LBX/Orange OR15 (Be cute to trade an Orange guitar for an Orange Amp right ?)/MJW Goldstar/ENGL Gigmeister, WHY ?

So yeah something like that to trade p/ex (either way) definitely entertained !

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sigh 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3082
    edited August 2016
    £350 beer tokens is a bargain considering Grahames standards of guitar building and this one is already painted and if I may say so looks awesome. I have 3 of GSP's offerings and they are really very good indeed. I can't afford nor justify this, good luck with your reluctant sale....someone buy this, I'm confident you wont be disappointed.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3012
    Now withdrawn with sincere apologies to @MtB for behaving like a bit of an idiot (me, not him !)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good man
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And now emphatically back up for sale as a result of being given the 'exciting opportunity' to invest in some really mundane day to day s**t like getting the cambelt & suspension bushings done on the car..

Let my inability to plan ahead & save like a real adult be your opportunity people

Woot !
    An "Oh S**t my MacBook appears to be dying"
    type bump
    Please dont make me build this and wave it under your noses in a 'Ha, look what you could've had !'
    Kind of way....
    edited September 2016
    So I know that you're all just being coy and all but I should warn you that I'm working away Sept 20-30th so if we don't get the deal done today I won't be able to post it out to you until October ! 

Actually I tell you what. If it helps 'sweeten the deal' I'll chuck in the two Oil City single coils and an F spaced Iron Gear Rolling Mill bucker ! 
    Idle bump
    To be honest, even aside from the desire to recoup some of the money poured into it I'd quite like to see it get finished & used as I'm sure it will be a bit of a killer, I've just lost interest in it 
    So if you are pondering making an offer do hit me up !
    Bump for new trade ideas !
    Would chuck in the very nice Hipshot staggered locking tuners in a bid to 'sweeten the deal'