Are we opening the UK's 1st dedicated Guitar Stand & Rack SHOP?

What's Hot
We think we might be just about to open up the UK's first ever SHOP (in bricks & mortar) dedicated purely to making & selling Guitar Stands & Racks - however we first thought we'd ask if anyone knew of one that already existed?  

After 4 years trading online (plus a few Guitar Shows), our small "Great British" business has finally outgrown its current workshop and decided to move into premises where customers will be able to come and see us physically making our full range of products, touch & feel them, discuss their requirements with us and order or buy from "off the shelf".

This is a big step for us but after all the support & commendations we have received from our 100's of customers (including many Fretboard members) and overseas orders just starting to take off, we really think now is the time.

Oak & Bespoke Guitar Stands & Racks made in Shropshire, England.
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oak & Bespoke Guitar Stands & Racks made in Shropshire, England.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Best of luck with the business expansion  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you @pintspiller !
  • That's great news - cool to see it going so well. I've certainly not heard of one, so good luck :)

• Thank you @JookyChap - from little acorns....!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Thank you @JookyChap - from little acorns....!
    Well, large chunks of wood more like :lol: 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds like a great idea. I'm just about to place an order with you after receiving some birthday cash!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6122
    tFB Trader
    Massive congrats, I hope it goes really well for you! 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • mellowsun said:
    Sounds like a great idea. I'm just about to place an order with you after receiving some birthday cash!

Excellent and thank you - look forward to receiving it @mellowsun! Andy
  • Thanks very much Adrian @ThorpyFX - we'll have room to make a "Triple Decker" soon!! All the best. Andy
  • Order received @mellowsun - Thank-you!  Speak soon! Andy 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I'm not aware if one. Best of luck, I will be ordering something in a couple of months.
    If you would move to the East Midlands that would be handy.
  • ennspek said:
    I'm not aware if one. Best of luck, I will be ordering something in a couple of months.
    If you would move to the East Midlands that would be handy.

Thank you @ennspek ! Our new shop will be located on the banks of the River Severn in Ironbridge - a beautiful part of Shropshire that customers can come spend a day/morning/afternoon enjoying at the same time! Look forward to hearing from you. Best regards. Andy
  • Wow, great stuff. Again, I've never heard/ seen of one so sounds like it could well be a first. I'll definitely be up for a visit next time I'm up that way visiting parents. Do you know when you'll be opening yet?
  • Wow, great stuff. Again, I've never heard/ seen of one so sounds like it could well be a first. I'll definitely be up for a visit next time I'm up that way visiting parents. Do you know when you'll be opening yet?
    Hi @markslade07 . Hope you're well & thank you! Hope to move in and open up the "Showroom" area within a couple of weeks/end of Oct (ready for Xmas!). Will keep this thread updated as we progress. All the best. Andy
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    edited September 2016 tFB Trader
    Iron bridge is a pretty place.
    if you open a shop you will find you may end up stocking some strings unless there is another guitar shop in the town

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Iron bridge is a pretty place.
    if you open a shop you will find you may end up stocking some strings unless there is another guitar shop in the town
    Hi Jonathan @FelineGuitars ! You're absolutely right - my hope is to gradually stock a select number of quality "accessories" (the nearest music shop is 20+ miles away!). I have a few other ideas too - if it's ok to call you for a chat at some point? Hope you're taking it easy!! Andy
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30880
    Andy- you might stock Hell for Leather's straps- Martin is down the road in Ludlow!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage said:
    Andy- you might stock Hell for Leather's straps- Martin is down the road in Ludlow!
    Thank you @Gassage - great thought! Never knew how active things were on here on a Monday morning!!
  • Gassage said:
    Thank you @Gassage - great thought! Never knew how active things were on here on a Monday morning!!
    We're all avoiding the real work!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom