Dr Alimantado's best dressed chicken in town

What's Hot
I found this album with help from various members of this forum several weeks ago. I want to say thank you cus its a f*cking superb record!!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6594
    edited September 2016
    It was one of the records that really got me into Dub when I was a teenager. Another favourite of mine was "Dread Inna Babylon" by U-Roy. My brother bought me "Marcus Garvey" by Burning Spear for my 13th birthday, which was also great...

I've had a great love of all things reggae ever since....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlin said:
    It was one of the records that really got me into Dub when I was a teenager. Another favourite of mine was "Dread Inna Babylon". My brother bought me "Marcus Garvey" by Burning Spear for my 13th birthday, which was also great...

I've had a great love of all things reggae ever since....

Love reggae and dub forever.....

Have you heard 'The Revolutionaries - Drum Sound: more gems from the channel one dub room 1974 - 1980'? It came out on Pressure Sounds in 2007.... incredible record.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Uggh! It's a reggae dub thread [falls to floor clasping neck, crawls to back door as if a man dying from oxygen starvation, takes some intravenous classic rock to recover]. 
  • axisus said:
    Uggh! It's a reggae dub thread [falls to floor clasping neck, crawls to back door as if a man dying from oxygen starvation, takes some intravenous classic rock to recover]. 
    Ah hem..... that's dub reggae......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Marcus Garvey one of my favourite albums of all time (and pops up on various classic album lists) and the companion dub version Garvey's Ghost. 
    In my head there's a dub influence in my playing but that's just me going boing boing boing with my delay pedal in an unnecessary manner...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Marcus Garvey one of my favourite albums of all time (and pops up on various classic album lists) and the companion dub version Garvey's Ghost. 
    In my head there's a dub influence in my playing but that's just me going boing boing boing with my delay pedal in an unnecessary manner...

Lol... dub style delay is always necessary (in my mind at least)
  • Stone cold classic album.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Best-Dressed Chicken is without a doubt, a fantastic record. Worth having for the cover alone!
  • Best Dressed Chicken is one of THE all-time classic records. Although weirdly enough my favourite Dr A track isn't on it---check out "Born For A Purpose". Killer.

Glad to see Marcus Garvey getting a mention too. Probably my favourite reggae album.

• Born For a Purpose:

You can get Garvey and Ghost of.... together on CD for £6 these days. Surely a sound use of anyone's money.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6594
    Marcus Garvey one of my favourite albums of all time (and pops up on various classic album lists) and the companion dub version Garvey's Ghost. 

Been on my iPod since I've had an iPod. I've been listening to Marcus Garvey for 40 years! Love Garvey's Ghost too. 
  • merlin said:
    Marcus Garvey one of my favourite albums of all time (and pops up on various classic album lists) and the companion dub version Garvey's Ghost. 

Been on my iPod since I've had an iPod. I've been listening to Marcus Garvey for 40 years! Love Garvey's Ghost too. 
    I borrowed a vinyl copy from Coventry city library mebbe 27 years ago, taped it and loved that tape. Eventually got the CD with Ghost as well plus stuck it on my iPod. 
    Although I listen to reggae, dub, ska, boss reggae,etc, quite a bit now for years Marcus Garvey was the only reggae album I was familiar with and it's completely my yardstick for the genre. 

• merlin said:

I borrowed a vinyl copy from Coventry city library mebbe 27 years ago, taped it and loved that tape. Eventually got the CD with Ghost as well plus stuck it on my iPod. 
    Although I listen to reggae, dub, ska, boss reggae,etc, quite a bit now for years Marcus Garvey was the only reggae album I was familiar with and it's completely my yardstick for the genre. 

have you heard a record called 'Ital corner' by Prince Jazzbo Eric? Great record - very similar to 'Best dressed chicken in town'...... 
  • A mere £96.37 for the cd on amazon!

Cheers, I'll have a listen. 

Steep.

I'll burn you a copy and chuck it in the post if your into it. 

Steep.

I'll burn you a copy and chuck it in the post if your into it. 
    Ta, I'll probably just find it on streaming or buy the MP3 - my listening habits aren't very hi fi. 
    It's a Lee Scratch Perry production by the look of it, he did a crazy amount of stuff. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    40 years since The Congos' "Heart of the Congos"
    John Peel played "Fisherman" one night.  The album has been with me ever since.  Weird how some records just get into your life, and I'm sure it will be played when it's time for me to go.
  • I used to play Ital Galore constantly. Really good album
  • cpcompany said:
    I used to play Ital Galore constantly. Really good album
    Ital vital! Ital Galore!