New Andy Timmons Album at last =)

What's Hot
HI all, I know it should be in the music section but hey, its all gutar innit?!
http://andytimmons.com/
Looking forward to it!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    That's good, I loved Resolution, I wasn't a big fan of his Sgt. Pepper album but look forward to hearing this. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Lotta EJ in this - it's very melodic and the songs have typical structure i.e verse, chorus etc. Need another few listens
    but some great guitar tones on it
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I just got his last album off iTunes a week ago so Im really happy its such a short wait for me lol
  • ChrisRGChrisRG Frets: 55
    Great news. Will be giving this a listen later. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Was thinking just the other day it's been 10 years since Resolution, looking forward to giving this a listen.
  • dindude said:
    Was thinking just the other day it's been 10 years since Resolution, looking forward to giving this a listen.
    Wow. 10 years. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    Imho its a great follow up to Resolution. Some strong melodies and less guitar pyro than his early days. It's a grower.... 
    This and the new Nick Johnston are very melodic and more song based. 
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    I've had a listen to the first 3 tracks on this album that clearly shall not be named by Andy Timmons and the choruses are all very reminiscent of Satriani's work.
  • Listened to it and it is indeed a lovely album, I just find his tone a little thick, I want to wander over to his amp while he's not looking and bump the Presence up a notch.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Had a listen to the first 6 songs last night, some great stuff there, and positively dripping in melody. Def some Satriani references at his most melodic. Also agree that his lead tone is a bit thick. Love is neck pickup breakup tone though.
  • His lead tone is the bollocks. I'd kill for a lead tone as thick as his 
    His lead tone is the bollocks. I'd kill for a lead tone as thick as his 
    Some more listens, and the thick tone is really pissing me off. I guess I like a really articulate, quite sharp, tone for solo lead guitar. It's enough to put me off listening. 

I appreciate im probably alone here!
  • His tone is great but, unfortunately, I found the album boring.  Resolution was his best for tone and most interesting playing IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindude said:
    His lead tone is the bollocks. I'd kill for a lead tone as thick as his 
    Some more listens, and the thick tone is really pissing me off. I guess I like a really articulate, quite sharp, tone for solo lead guitar. It's enough to put me off listening. 

I appreciate im probably alone here!
    No no, it's me as well, it just doesn't seem to have the 'sizzle' previously.
    is that the @ pedal in evidence? As opposed to the vintage marshalls he had for Resolution?
  • I definitely think his composition is a bit off the boil.... Theres a couple of tunes that have that "stitched together" feel... But having said that, there one track on the album that could've been a Bond theme and another that could be taken from a J Mayer album :)  
    Overall its quite melancholy and "French" feeling to me! Still like it though!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    Love Timmons and even met him during his Danger Danger days, he's turned into a master but this new album felt very generic and you could hear the melody coming a mile off. 
    Some killer tones admittedly. 

I got the Nick Johnston album at the same time and it's grown on me more to the point it's my go to instrumental album just now
  • Huge fan of Andy however this album is very poor 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I really like Resolution, and I absolutely love Sgt Peppers. I'll probably get this, but I think that it's hard to sustain a whole guitar instrumental album. 
  • Have to admit this and the new Nick Johnston one both didn't do too much for me :(