Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Michael Casswell R.I.P

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24184
    edited October 2016
    I'm not calling her out in the slightest.

I'm just pointing out that it is in many places and expressing my surprise that the family hadn't been fully informed. Someone has updated wiki already too.

No point moving it to SC. It's on the Queen Forum, Facebook, Basschat, Gibson Forum etc etc. If his name is searched for this site is nowhere near the top of the list. Moving to SC would achieve nothing. It's also been officially announced on his band's facebook page.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • fionafiona Frets: 1
    I am a very close family member  and one member of Michaels family has not been told as they were away and uncontactable...His sons did not ask for it to be put on his Facebook page !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    fiona said:
    I am a very close family member  and one member of Michaels family has not been told as they were away and uncontactable...His sons did not ask for it to be put on his Facebook page !
    Well done @Fretmeister.....
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24184
    fiona said:
    I explained my post. It was not in any way argumentative, It was the expression of surprise.

My follow up (to your usual approach of looking for additional meaning between lines no matter how obvious the intended meaning) , was pointing out that at this point the news is in the public domain and has come directly from the band members.

I have no idea why you are trying to pick a fight in such an inappropriate thread for it.

Poor show indeed.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 20reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    It's always sad to see good people leave us, especially when they can play so well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1810
    Such a shame - seemed like a really nice guy and not in any way big headed as there was no doubt at all that the guy could play (as Joe Bonamassa found out!!)

Thoughts go out to the family @fiona must be a hard time coming to terms with this and the whole 3rd party internet updates thing certainly doesn't help matters.

Hopefully Mike's family will understand that the news has spread quickly as he was considered as one of the best in his game and we are all probably reeling in the news that another great musician has left us..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • Crikey its a shocker when anybody 'young' dies and you've got to feel for his family at this difficult time. He had a great way of getting stuff across and making the difficult seem easier and obviously made a great impact amongst us here. A sad loss.

• fnptfnpt Frets: 744
    I'm really sad to hear of Michael's passing. I've been through so many of his DVD's that I felt like I knew him. Seemed like a very down to earth and nice guy, amazingly gifted guitar player. His feel and swing were fantastic and he was my favorite tutor in LL because of that and also because he always had some trivia to share about what he was teaching.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2545
    Shocked. I've learnt a few songs from his videos and he came across as a genuinely nice guy and good teacher. RIP.
  • @richardhomer @fretmeister @fiona ;
    lets just say we are all shocked by this terrible terrible news, and no one really knows how to deal with such a situation, there is no manual. 
    I don't think anyone was doing anything other than showing surprise. 
    Unfortunately the face of celebrity ( as Micheal was in our little circle of guitar nerds) robs family's of the privacy they deserve in these difficult times, and I'm sure it's just people wanting to show that Micheal touched their lives even if they never met. 

@fiona I think I speak for everyone here and say that we are shocked and saddened by this news, the world is a little less awesome with his talent gone. 
    I wish you and your family all the strength you need. 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 27reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I don't see what the problem is with discussing it here. Am I missing something?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Lick Library have posted a tribute vid on YT. 

My thoughts are with his family. Like many others I have seen his videos and have drawn a lot of inspiration from them. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Utterly shocked and saddened. Some events are just plain wrong.

Nicely put @professorben.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    I think I speak for everyone here and say that we are shocked and saddened by this news, the world is a little less awesome with his talent gone. 
    I wish you and your family all the strength you need. 

Good man. Summed it up for me - much better than I could myself. Sad news.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Jesus Christ, would you just listen to him.

His feel for Jeff Beck's style was just uncanny. What an amazing player... and a beautiful piece. Where Were You is one of the most moving instrumental works I've ever heard for guitar.

RIP Michael.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stevehsteveh Frets: 228
    edited November 2016
    I have only just heard about this shocking tragedy: Appalling news and completely unexpected.
    I bought "Complaints against the noise" last year - His playing was SO good and he seemed like a genuinely really nice guy. 
    My thoughts are with his family at such a terrible time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • steveh said:
    I have only just heard about this shocking tragedy: Appalling news and completely unexpected.
    I bought "Complaints against the noise" last year - His playing was SO good and he seemed like a genuinely really nice guy. 
    My thoughts are with his family at such a terrible time.
    I'm buying it asap, best way I can think to celebrate the man, play it loud!
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Very sad news. Great player and always came across as a genuinely nice bloke (and hugely talented) in all the videos I'd seen him in. 

fiona said:
    I explained my post. It was not in any way argumentative, It was the expression of surprise.

My follow up (to your usual approach of looking for additional meaning between lines no matter how obvious the intended meaning) , was pointing out that at this point the news is in the public domain and has come directly from the band members.

I have no idea why you are trying to pick a fight in such an inappropriate thread for it.

Poor show indeed.

Dear Fretmeister..not wishing to pick a fight with anyone ...just distraught that out in the public domain so soon when not all family members aware that's all. But there you go social media someone thought ok to post it !
    fiona said:

Poor show indeed.

Dear Fretmeister..not wishing to pick a fight with anyone ...just distraught that out in the public domain so soon when not all family members aware that's all. But there you go social media someone thought ok to post it !