Can't access Soundcloud links

What's Hot
In many of the discussions here I see rectangular boxes with "Soundcloud" and a picture of a cloud, but when I click nothing happens. I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox - don't think I have any wierd settings. What do I have to do to be able to access the Soundcloud stuff? Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    edited October 2016
    Hmmmm?  What you should be seeing is a 'widget' embedded into the post that allows you to listen to the track directly without leaving the page (you can go to the SoundCloud page by clicking on the SC logo bit of the widget).

I'm on Firefox, Win10 as well and no problems. Do you have some kind of script blocker (like NoScript) active?

[edit]
    I've embedded this track from my SoundCloud page as a test.

https://soundcloud.com/steam-abacus/steamabacus-i-have-a-door-2015

You should be getting an image, a waveform and a play button to play the track directly on this page.

[edit]

Right, I've also embedded the same track from my BandCamp page. Can you see/use the BC widget or is that not working either?

https://steamabacusproductions.bandcamp.com/track/i-have-a-door

You should be seeing a small square image and then a play button and a track duration 'scroll bar'. Again, you should be able to play direct from this page.

• Thanks for your help, @steamabacus.

I have no blockers active. Java is up to date, I cleared all history and cookies, but soundcloud links from the fretboard still don't work for me in Firefox.

I can login to soundcloud and play tracks there (in Firefox), and the soundcloud link in your post works from Edge, but not Firefox. I can also play the track from your bandcamp page in Firefox.

So everything works - except the soundcloud link from Firefox.

Here is an image of what I see...

• Curious??

I know there were some problems posting the SC playlists in the Riff of the Month challenges just after the forum software was updated.

Maybe @TTony can shed some light on this?
  • I saw this somewhere else. If you have the vlc plug in. Then disable it and try

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Cookiemonster That worked - thanks!
  • Cool. Enjoy the music

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey