SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Hot-rodded single-ended JCM800 build - walnut cab

4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
in Amps £ tFB Trader
Here's something a little different! 

It's a hot-rodded JCM 800 circuit into a single 6v6 output valve for around 7-8watts of output. This thing is all about crunch and gain, not really a clean to speak of. Responds well to the guitar volume control - 5-6 gives you lovely crunch, then wind up for full on saturation. 

Three position bright switch makes it snarl, three band EQ, gain and master volume for bedroom level playing. Or run it wide open to get the power amp cooking.

Build into a jointed cab made of solid black African walnut it would look at home in a living room or recording studio!

Top cutout is both great for ventilation (single ended amps run hot) and means you can easily swap out the 6v6 without needing to slide the chassis out. 

I'm kind of judging interest as it needs a rear ventilation grille adding before I'd be happy shipping it (not a big job, just haven't got round to ordering one!). Just thought I'd get it out there for consideration. 

Just as an aside - it was called triple seven as it was originally intended to be a Trainwreck circuit, but I didn't like the sound. Anybody get the connection? :)

I think £325 would be a reasonable price for this. May be open to trades.

Pics:

Quick video with just a couple of chords. Straight into the amp using a Strat bridge pickup. Gain is 4 out of 10 on the amp. Starts of with guitar volume at 5, then wound up fully. You really need to play it in the flesh to appreciate it though, not sure my phone camera has done it justice!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments