Sat in A&E Tea & Sympathy or lucky poo's required

What's Hot
tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
edited October 2016 in Off Topic
Well I'm sat in A&E with my teenage (13) daughter..She had a fit and passed out in Boots the Chemists and crashed into the makeup stand.
Blue lights into A&E just awaiting results of ECG and bloods...Kids eh who'd ave em?

edit..feel awkward posting really as I'm usually a pretty private sort of person 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    That's awful, I've just had a dump so I have post-defecatorally dedicated it to your daugher. 
    My sister collapsed in a shop while on holiday in the states and cracked her head on a glass display stand and it was the most terrifying thing to watch happen, you have my every sympathy. 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    That's a bugger - hope she's OK.

Having now tried the ambulance with flashing blue lights experience, how did you find it?   I thought it was like being in the back of 70s Transit, but with a comfy seat.   How those people spend so many hours in the things I will never know.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    She was out with friends shopping in a hot clothes shop with bright lights when she started feeling unwell..Went to boots to try a but a drink and collapsed....So she went on her own. I had a phone call from Paramedics on the way in to Hospital from her phone...When she came round she thought she'd been hit by a car and needed calming down (hysterical teenager) 
    Is this an insensitive time to say I'm looking for a RYRA in silver or Gold? Humour gets me through most things :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    That's strange. My sister had the exact same issue when she was around that age. She'd have a fit or pass out every few months, she had every scan going, but they never did find out what was going on.

She eventually just stopped having them. Hope your little'un is ok.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Hope it all works out. Having spent many, many hours with my oldest from 14 years on sitting around in hospitals I know it isn't fun. At least it isn't Friday or Saturday night, they really ain't no fun in A&E. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15957

hope she is OK man  :)

all the best

tae be or not tae be
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7006
    tFB Trader
    Did you snag any mascaras in the confusion?

I remember shopping in Boots with my youngest and being watched with much suspicion by one of the sales assistants.

Hope that you're daughter is okay and makes a full recovery. Here's hoping too that it's just a one-off episode.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7751

Hopefully it was just a one-off brought on by the heat/lack of liquids.

I had to go and fetch my eldest (when she was 17, IIRC) from the Police Station one night, she'd been picked up staggering around pissed out of her head (on her own as her "mates" had all gone home) in a local park.

The only thing she continues to be embarrassed about is that I cleaned and returned the washing up bowl they gave us for her to be sick in (along with a box of chocolates for the Policewoman who'd been looking after her).

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Best of luck!
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Hopefully it's something minor like her period and anaemia or something, I think it's quite common for girls, it takes a while for the body to adjust and get the diet back in whack.  Or it could be that she's growing and isn't eating enough.  Really hope it's nothing.  Best of luck.  I'II squeeze out what I can now it's gone solid again.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4308
    All the best mate. Hope she is ok. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

Cheers Guys
    just got out..Looks like high white blood cell count indicating a siezure/fit.. Referred for out patient appointment. Might not happen again or maybe start of Epilepsy Doc said. Hopefully a one off......Anybody got an RYRA for sale? 
    Thanks for all the Lucky Poos...As you were troops :)
  • Hopefully it's just a one off but it's good there's back up going on just to be safe. I shall raise a mug of tea to her good health once the kettles boiled ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• Much sympathy dude
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    All the best. Hope she is ok, and that is was a one off.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Much sympathy fella. Good luck to you and the family.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

Thanks Guys..She slept OK and we've been for a walk this afternoon. She feels a bit heavy legged and she's milking it a bit but that's teenagers for you I suppose  :)
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    What a scary thing to endure... great news she's on the mend.