Peter Cook - Guitar Builder - The Who and many others.

What's Hot
Hi to all out there. =)

I am very much the new boy on here - I was put onto this place via a Canadian guitar that was listed.

There may be some of you on here who have come across my blog "Flat Eric's Bass & Guitar Collection" - I'm not going to put any links on, as my post on the Canadian Guitar have images and links but has still not be put up/approved.
If you google it you will find it on there. If you also go to images, you can see a whole heap of stuff.
If you googe Peter Cook Guitar Builder, you will see a whole lot of posts about him and his work.

So, as I am going to see Peter again, next week - Is there anyone in this community that has a Peter Cook or Ned Callan Guitar or Bass, seen one, played one?

If you google Peter Cook Axis Guitar and go to images, you will see one of his gorgeous creations.

Would love to hear from you - I will pass anything on to Peter.

New Boy Stuff:
As above, I have put images and links on a post and it has not appeared - can anyone tell me what the protocol is on here?
If you put too many on, does it just vanish or does it take quite a while to get approval?
If anyone can point me in the right direction, I can put up pics and links.

Cheers. =)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16665

New Boy Stuff:
    As above, I have put images and links on a post and it has not appeared - can anyone tell me what the protocol is on here?
    If you put too many on, does it just vanish or does it take quite a while to get approval?
    If anyone can point me in the right direction, I can put up pics and links.

Cheers. =)

there is an "attach image/file" button on the tool bar above the text editor.  If you post the direct link to the image in that box it will always appear in the post.

You can also just post the direct link straight into the text editor.  this will appear on the desktop, but not the mobile version of the site

• I had a Ned Callan guitar about 40 years ago. It was the one that looked like an SG with single coil pickups.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I also had one about 40 or so years ago. It didn't last long. I sold it to buy a Ducati.
    The guitar was nice but the motorbike was a lot more fun.
    Can't say I really missed it.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    I've owned a few Nobbly Neds - I got into them through my love of Shergolds. The non-Shaftesbury ones were really beautifully made - a friend has one of. the ex-John Entwistle basses and that growls like a b*stard.

I sold my last one about seven or so years ago - sadly no pics!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    An old bandmate of mine had a Ned Callan bass in black. I'll see if I can find a photo. 
  • All good stuff - keep in coming.
    I'll try this - see if we can get some pics up.

Peter and the Ox, with another Axis Bass.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Opps - Dark pic - this is the better one. .

Peter Cook Firebird Twin Neck.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Firebirds are big at the best of times. I can only imagine how massive that must feel especially if you're not a giant.
  • @FlatEricCollector - I've read your blog with great interest over the years - welcome! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• @FlatEricCollector - I've read your blog with great interest over the years - welcome! :)

HarrySeven, Thank you. =)
    It's always great to know that people are reading what I put out there - been a bit slow over the last couple of years, been really busy but there are loads more to come.

Here's a couple of guitars to keep you going.

Anyone out there with any more Peter Cook/Ned Callan Stuff?

Peter Cook Axis Guitar, with the Bass.

• Well this is a laugh at my expense :)

Me about 43 years ago playing my Ned Callan.

It's not a competition.
  • Happy days!!
    Everyone has a camera these days - not like back then - take the shots, hope they were in focus, off to the chemist, go back a few days later and if you were lucky. . . 

Top job mate - nice pics! =)
  • As an update on this post, here is a pic of Peter Cook, (me =)) and the wonderful Axis guitar.
    A truly stunning instrument, back with the man who made it!!

http://flatericbassandguitar.blogspot.co.uk/

I will be expanding on the trip to see him, in the new year.

Cheers.  =)
  • Gorgeous Axis Guitar
    http://flatericbassandguitar.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/peter-cook-axis-guitar-one-of-only-8.html

Old Ned Callan Bass,

Any pics, info etc. that you may have on Peter Cook and Ned Callan Guitars an Basses - ping them up, grateful for any input.

Cheers. =)
  • BAJDBAJD Frets: 2
    Peter built three guitars for me back in the late '70s.  Regrettably I don't own any of them any more but hope they are still out there somewhere and getting used.  The first was a reverse body Firebird, the second a Les Paul and the third a double neck based on one of his standard designs.  I have photos of each of these guitars but can't see how to attach one here!!
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1480
    The bass player in the band I was in back in the early 70's had the EB0 style Ned Callan bass.  It sounded great through his Marshall.  The later ones didn't seem the same, I played some in the late 70's and wasn't that impressed.  Actually, some Gordon Smith's remind me of the early ones.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7334
    "The Worst job I ever had..."
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Here are photos of my three Peter Cook guitars.  The Firebird was the first, built, I think, in 1976.  The Les Paul, which featured a solid rosewood body with maple stripes, followed in 1978 and the double-neck was built in 1979.  I sold them all during the '80s when I gave up playing in bands for around eight years.  I would love to get hold of the Les Paul or Firebird again as they were both great guitars.  

• Hi.

I am still in regular contact with Peter and any images I get, I always pass onto him.
    If you go here, there is an email address for me - ping  me the pics and I will pass them on and with permission, put them on the blog. http://flatericbassandguitar.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/a-visit-to-peter-cook-guitar-maker_3.html
  • This is a link to my blog, there is more Peter Cook content on the 3 November 2017 post.

Anyone with any Peter Cook content, or any Ned Callan, drop me a line.

Cheers. =)