Wiring a HSH superstrat.

What's Hot

Im building a HSH strat at the minute.

Ive got a Lollar in the neck, HFS Treble in the bridge and I am unsure which single coil in the middle.

As far as configurations are, I am undecided as to which way I want to go. I would probably like to get as many different tones from the guitar as possible.

Anyone tried this? Any pitfalls or trade offs?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• In terms of wiring, the best solution is to have a 3 way switch for selecting the humbuckers and 3 push pull pots for coil splits and to engage the middle pup. Not sure how to wire that, but I'm quite sure it can be done. I can try to work it out later if you need me to. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Don't bother with loads of sounds, you will probably end up using 3 most of the time (bridge bucker, neck bucker, some sort of single coil or out of phase thing).

Use a 5 way super or mega switch and be done with it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    5-way switch giving:

1 - neck humbucker
    2 - split neck humbucker + middle pickup
    3 - a) middle pickup or b) both humbuckers or c) both split humbuckers
    4 - split bridge humbucker + middle pickup
    5 - bridge humbucker

3a can be done with a standard 5-way switch - b, c or or other combinations you like can be done with a Superswitch.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom