SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Washburn X50Q with lovely quilted maple cap and X fret inlay - SOLD

What's Hot
JimDiGritzJimDiGritz Frets: 0
edited March 2017 in Guitars £
Washburn X50Q, excellent condition. 

It comes with the Buzz-Feiten nut which keeps the intonation spot on and more consistent across the neck. It also has excellent Grover 18:1 tuners which are rock solid.

The neck is set and contoured beautifully, it's fast and the action is perfectly setup. The fretboard is also quite special with a stunning X inlay at the 12th fret.

The X50 series also uses Washburn’s patented VCC or “Volume Contour Control” system. Basically the tone control is also a coil split, and when pull it out it splits the humbuckers in half…but the way that the VCC works is that when you back off the volume control, once it reaches 50% the coil split automatically kicks in chopping the humbucker down to a single coil.

I believe it's an early 2000's guitar, made in Korea in a US Washburn shop. It has 24 frets, joined at the 19 on top, but cut-away all on the bottom for easy access to all 24.

These Washburn guitars are real sleeper hits, with stunning finishes, extremely high quality hardware and a great sound. I looked long and hard for this model.

A new amp purchase means I'm sadly having to thin my collection down...

Never gigged, and sadly not even played a lot!

I'll accept £225, PayPal or cash on collection. 

***THIS GUITAR WAS LISTED ON EBAY, AND AFTER LOTS OF BIDS IT SOLD, HOWEVER THE LAST MINUTE WINNING BIDDER WAS A DODGY SINGAPOREAN WHO DIDN'T PAY OR COMMUNICATE - HE ALSO 'WON' MY OTHER GUITAR THAT I'M SELLING - HENCE WHY I'M NOW LISTING THEM BOTH ON HERE***

It's safely boxed and ready for collection or 48 hour courier. 

Thanks for looking
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi mate, whereabouts are you based?
  • beowulfbeowulf Frets: 44
    Bumping my own question
  • beowulf said:
    Hi mate, whereabouts are you based?
    Hi, sorry I missed your comment - the guitar actually sold a while back I forgot to update the post!
  • beowulfbeowulf Frets: 44
    Ah OK cheers for the update. Great photos btw, I was sold on the first one alone!
  • JefJef Frets: 0
    Hi all, bought this guitar a couple of weeks ago. Really pleased with it. Does anyone have any info on its history.
  • I can only add that this guitar goes into my "I regret selling it" list!!! 

The ONLY thing I struggled with was the gloss neck finish which I find get a bit tacky as you play & sweat..

Superb guitar otherwise though!
  • The photos of it alone are probably worth the £225!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JefJef Frets: 0
    I'm really enjoying it so far and can't wait to get out on a gig with it.