Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_Q said:Which album?  They were my favourite band in the world for the first few years and I saw them live loads of times, but I haven't bought the recent stuff.
    Starting from the beginning. Up to Faith, Hope and Love now. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Queensryche - Silent Lucidity. Hell of a powerful track.
  • Grunfeld said:
    Wooo hoo! 
    Somewhat bonkers but great fun!
    Tagged as "The best surf band from Tokyo EVER!" and who am I to disagree with that.

Jackie & The Cedrics

How many times have I said to the band what we need in the line up is Japanese women in vintage bikinis with the bass player setting light to the cymbals? If only they had listened that could have been us.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I keep watching St Vincent stuff on YouTube. I seem to remember seeing her / the band on Later and hating it but I'm now finding her interesting. There's usually a lot going on visually and the guitar sounds are mostly so processed so it seems to make more sense to have the accompanying visuals just so I know what is guitar.
    Her uncle is Tuck Andress super jazz guitarist.
  • Whataya Want From Me by Adam Lambert :P

It's a good song. Alright... At least the guitars are kinda rocking. It has a good melody. And a catchy chorus. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • On Radio 2 this morning they played Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz. Struck me how much you can hear the changes and how it's almost a 12 bar blues (some parping sax towards the end underlining the r and b nature of it).
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    edited February 2016
    I've been enjoying the new album Hidden City by The Cult. Perhaps not a return to the glory days but certainly better than the last 2 albums in my opinion. If you fancy giving it a listen they have an Android and Ios app that allows you to play 11 of the 12 tracks once a day for free.

Link to my trading feedback
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
    Philly_Q said:
    Kings X. Never listened t them before today. Really enjoying it! :)
    Which album?  They were my favourite band in the world for the first few years and I saw them live loads of times, but I haven't bought the recent stuff.
    Kings X supported by the Galactic Cowboys at the Astoria, many years ago. What a gig.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    scrumhalf said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Which album?  They were my favourite band in the world for the first few years and I saw them live loads of times, but I haven't bought the recent stuff.
    Kings X supported by the Galactic Cowboys at the Astoria, many years ago. What a gig.

It was indeed.  I think I also saw Galactic Cowboys headlining at the Marquee, but my memories of those '80s/'90s gigs are getting a little hazy nowadays.  Another band who got it absolutely right with their first album and then seemed to lose something later on.

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    'Gretchen Goes To Nebraska' is an absolute MASTERPIECE. It's absolutely flawless. Fantastic band.
  • Alice in Chains- Nothing Safe. 

Layne Stanley was such a good singer! I always feel he's overshadowed by Vedder & Cornell in terms of recognition for his ability, but WHAT A VOICE!!
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832

At the moment. Fucking brilliant. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3899
  • I've been listening to the Spiderman music from/inspired by album a fair bit lately. 

There's some oddities in there including a Jerry Cantrell song that was only available on that Spiderman compilation that I really like, and the Chad Kroger/Josey Scott "Hero" song and the Aerosmith "theme from spider man" as well... Basically, a cool "inspired by" CD that I highly approve of. I don't normally buy movie soundtracks. But that one is great and I also really like the soundtrack album to the first Shrek movie. 

Goodness me. Maybe this is preparing me for the impending arrival of my first child... ? 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27453
    Today, this, this and then some more of this.

I know that it was released in the early punk days ('77 for this, I think), but it's not really "punk", it's just a great guitar-pop album full of simple, catchy, 3-chord & 2-min tunes.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A friend recommended this album to me as they thought it wasn't dissimilar to the loops I've been making of late. Well, quite a compliment - it's really good. Sounds like how Bloc Party should sound these days if they'd gone instrumental instead of going shit. Thoroughly recommend it.

"Awake" by Tycho

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff193/guitarsforminnaars/Mobile Uploads/7E5DF976-7813-404F-AB75-BEFF248879E2.png
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    A friend recommended this album to me as they thought it wasn't dissimilar to the loops I've been making of late. Well, quite a compliment - it's really good. Sounds like how Bloc Party should sound these days if they'd gone instrumental instead of going shit. Thoroughly recommend it.

"Awake" by Tycho

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff193/guitarsforminnaars/Mobile Uploads/7E5DF976-7813-404F-AB75-BEFF248879E2.png
    A bit late to the game @GavRichList ; ;)

Andy Othling did a really good guitar/bass cover a while back

Stop crying, start buying
  • Yeah, I'd entirely not paid any attention til a couple of days ago
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Managed to get a quick blast of the new Wolfmother CD today. Only got about halfway through but initial impressions are good. :)
  • nick_snick_s Frets: 138
    edited February 2016
    - Shine On You Crazy Diamond -