Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• chromatunachromatuna Frets: 367
    edited May 2016
    Doing a bit of DIY and playing some random stuff from Spotify... 

Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny - a blast from my teenage past, I find this era of JP far more interesting than post Stained Class stuff but that's just me 

...and this evening Eric Clapton - I Still Do - a bit too laid back in places but a fair few decent blush rootsy tunes sprinkled in which grab me and a lovely Band like version of St. Augustine (Dylan)
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5140
    After the Tv show thread I've been listening to this :)

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Stop crying, start buying
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Stop crying, start buying
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3058
    I've been listening to this at home this week while restringing my guitars. I inherited this on vinyl and it really shines on my humble setup.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    The new Screaming Jets album.

Highly approve of this.

For the road trip home I've got the new Weezer white album ;)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Utterly hypnotic...
    King Creosote, "Ankle Shackles" -- it's 11 minutes long.  I don't suppose any one is going to listen to it but this is a track you put on in the background and maybe you're reading, or drawing, or writing, but then you become absorbed. 

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6472
    edited May 2016
    Prince's last two albums - HitnRun Phase 1 &2. The second one is the better one, imo

Prince's last two albums - HitnRun Phase 1 &2. The second one is the better one, imo
    What do you think of Prince & 3rdeyegirl ? 
    I quite enjoyed listening to that album. 
    It was a cool project. :) 

For me the latest thing has been Weezer's new album. The white album. It's a bit weird. I think the album has a bit too much pop influence. Looking at the lyrics in the album sleeve they sure sound like Rivers Cuomo been smokin' some weird shit!! Especially in "Thank God for Girls" what on earth is he talking about when he's singing about God microwaving Adam on the popcorn setting and something about Adam messing with the bees etc... I just have no idea. 

Still, a good album, but I doubt it'll be one that I play on repeat, unlike Raditude and Everything Will Be Alright in the End. They had this rough patch between Raditude and Everything... where they were a bit shit (Hurley, Death to False Metal, etc) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    edited May 2016
    Picked this up at a record fair in Wolves today - Master Mudslide got a crash course in why some versions of Led Zeppelin II cost £125. Reliving my youth with this:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    mudslide73;1089176" said:
    Picked this up at a record fair in Wolves today - Master Mudslide got a crash course in why some versions of Led Zeppelin II cost £125. Reliving my youth with this:
    Van Halen 2 is fucking awesome.

Good buy!!

DLR era Van Halen is the best.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    edited May 2016
    I never really got into ZZ Top

I have now
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I've been on a bit if a Small Faces and Credance Clearwater trip this morning, great stuff.
    I never really got into ZZ Top

I have now
    La Futura is a fantastic album. Their later stuff is great. If you like La Futura, you should also like Rhythmeen and Mescalero. The only one of their 'late' albums that I don't really like is XXX.

dindude said:
    I've been on a bit if a Small Faces and Credance Clearwater trip this morning, great stuff.
    Ahh. Creedence. I borrowed "Cosmo's Factory" from the library. Haven't listened to it yet. It's on my to-do list ;)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Some live Morrisey stuff. I got fed up after a while but I was suprised how rocky it was, Last of the Famous International Playboys could have passed for Neil Young and Crazy Horse.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Outlanos d'Amour and Regatta de Blanc. I was only really familiar with their singles output... Punk/Reggae/Prog/Pop ahoy. :)

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Some live Morrisey stuff. I got fed up after a while but I was suprised how rocky it was, Last of the Famous International Playboys could have passed for Neil Young and Crazy Horse.
    Surely that could pass for a lost NY riff? 

Outlanos d'Amour and Regatta de Blanc. I was only really familiar with their singles output... Punk/Reggae/Prog/Pop ahoy. :)

I must go back to some of that stuff, my sister had, I think, Outlandos which just seemed amazing to me at the time ( the song about the sex doll on it? Suprised how many of my anecdotes about my adolescence seem to include the phrase 'sex doll' in them).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Thanks for the recommendation of La Futura! Listened to it this morning and loved it. A bargain at £3.99 on Amazon, so it will be added to my basket the next time I'm ordering something.

I'd written off the more recent ZZ Top stuff, but this is a superb album.

Cheers. :D
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6472
    edited May 2016
    I didn't rate La Futura, personally. It felt like a typical modern day Rick Rubin project - i.e. Get a band to do a retread of what they did in the old days. I found Mescalero to be much more interesting, myself, although I know that isn't a popular opinion! :)

I do quite like the "post heyday" albums to be generally of a pretty good standard.