NGACD

DanRDanR Frets: 1041
Well after giving up on UPS delivering I figured I'd go and collect my cab myself rather than sitting in all day again tomorrow for them to not bother knocking on my door.

Rather than clogging up someone else's feed I thought I'd consolidate in here for my latest acquisitions.

I picked up the Runt from Peach over Black Friday weekend as I fancied two channels and a bit more gain the the Shirley and I wasn't really loving my Hagen and neither was my back.

This meant I fancied a new cab to go with the Runt.

So I had a chat with Paul at Zilla about what needed, 2x12 but no wider than the DS but not overly tall.

So the Green one was built and is the same width as my fatbaby but 600mm tall and only 295mm wide, it has two Creambacks and is in Sea Foam Green with a wicker grill.

Lastly Sound Affects eventually got in a JP16 (just in time for 2017) so I ended up with that aswell as I've been lacking something with a bit of punch in the pickups.

Ive fancied a JP model for ages but they never seem to turn up when I have cash or it's a majesty.

I do love the new pickups that's he's using, despite them being called Sonic Ecstasy, they sound a bit tighter in the bottom end and not as shrill as I tend to find a lot of high output pickups.

No Piezo on this model but it does have a (Korean) Floyd and an active preamp, which works a lot better than I thought it would as I was expecting a kind of shrill overdrive sound when it was engaged like a bad distortion pedal but while you do a get a pretty good jump in volume it all tightens up well.

You can't tell in the pics but it's like metallic car paint finish which ironically is now covered in finger prints like metallic black car paint.

Im going to stop waffling and here's the pics, unfortunately I can no longer manage to link them so they show in the thread and as PhotoBucket spams me every time I click a link on someone else thread I've used Imgur even though it's got a stupid name.

https://imgur.com/a/3v8nL

Lastly UPS fucking sucks.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments