Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Feb 12th: 200km + 5km = 205km.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3852
    143km + 7km = 150km. Start of week 7.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Did my whole 2 mile loop without stopping today which is some kind of achievement for me. Shame bloody strava chose not to record it haha. It's strange how one kind of fitness doesn't translate into others, my cycling fitness is fine up to about 40 miles but running 2 miles kills me haha 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    @TTBZ I think its called sports specific fitness.  Like you I can cycle 40 miles at a fair pace but you are using your legs in a totally different way, more likely much slower RPM on the bike, so less taxing on heart/lungs.  You will get used to it, the main thing is that you have a good base through cycling from which to work with, you may find that your cadence improves on the bike through the running.

From my heart rate monitor, 1 mile running = 4 miles cycling in terms of effort.
    Mark_R said:

you may find that your cadence improves on the bike through the running.

Definitely the case for me.
    Start of week 7.
    How is everyone feeling/doing with it?

• 30 mins for me today.  Not sure of the distance because it was up and down stairs in the woods.  Need to get my fintess up for boxing, so I'm going for short but intense.
  • octatonic said:
    Start of week 7.
    I'm feeling pretty good with it, this is the most focused I've been on my running for a number of years.

I'm going to switch it up a bit next week by adding an extra run, 4 rather than 3. Going to make two of them shorter in the first instance then gradually increase those too.

It's good to see so many people here taking part.
    I'm really pleased so many people are taking part.
    It is helping me stay motivated too.
    octatonic said:
    Start of week 7.
    It's becoming routine. 5km feels a bit 'cheaty' now and I feel like I need to do more. The sweat still pours off me but it's not what I'd call hard. It was for the first 4 weeks but I feel like I've turned a corner.

I still don't want to get injured though so I won't be doing 10k's (or more along the line) too many times. 

I want to lose another stone then see where I go from there and keep it up until 2018 running club starts!
  • Missed my long run, I've got quite a sore achilles. If I don't manage a 10-miler this weekend then I'm going to have to bin the Half Marathon. Doh.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    Deadman said:
    octatonic said:
    Start of week 7.
    It's becoming routine. 5km feels a bit 'cheaty' now and I feel like I need to do more. The sweat still pours off me but it's not what I'd call hard. It was for the first 4 weeks but I feel like I've turned a corner.

I still don't want to get injured though so I won't be doing 10k's (or more along the line) too many times. 

I want to lose another stone then see where I go from there and keep it up until 2018 running club starts!
    I agree that a 5k feels like I've cheated- that is a pretty good feeling.
    1 stone is my target too, which would get me under 14 stone- the lowest I've been in 10 years.
  • DamianPDamianP Frets: 499
    Easy 8k today so only 25k for the week. 217k this year.
    I love it as always and I'm slowly seeing signs that I might be able to get back to a reasonable level.

I want to lose another 5lb to get under 13 stone before I start training properly.  I think a couple of good weeks of running and eating right should do it.  
  • 7.6 km today.  In the headwind I got it felt like a lot more.  I got to the place where I stopped running last week and nearly stopped again, but I thought "keep going you fat bastard!" and it worked.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I threw the towel in at 5kms tonight. Was sweating like an Arab's barse.

150km +5km = 155km
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Bought a cheapie GPS watch so I can log my runs properly. And another 4k done today, managed it in 18:10 and it was hard going! Think I pushed a little too hard!

8km + 4km = 12km 

Just 638km to Luxembourg :)
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    I'm going back out tonight for a jog :)
    edited February 2017
    No running for me today nor tomorrow.
    I've been washing the bikes, sorting the garden and packing for my month in Australia.
    Next run I will be doing will be on other side of the world in 30 degree heat.
    Bring it on!
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    5.1 miles/8.2k this evening. Good start to the week.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    10k today to make 100km overall. Not nearly as much as I wanted but not bad but crocked knee then back had had an impact. The joys of middle age...

Another 8km planned for thurs and then half marathon on Sunday (21km) so will be getting well back on track this week.