Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar Quarterly - Last Noggins

What's Hot

Comments

• SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited October 2017
    No second issue here at all....and the repeat of the printer's problems again.

The maxim of "under-promise and over-deliver" is one I use, but there again, that's just me.

@JookyChap

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    SRich said:
    It's @JookyChap ;

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited October 2017
    Mea culpa, mea tota culpa.................and edited.  ;)

Thanks Tony

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    whats' it about?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    whats' it about?
    To paraphrase Bob Dylan, it's about 100 pages.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Very poor show that it's taken this long to sort the printers out. I've made light of the delays up to now, but it's beyond a joke. Just ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. I am not impressed.

Emailed @JookyChap again (via his Guitar Quarterly address) a few days ago, and am waiting for a response. The lack of any communication over the last 6 weeks is deafening.

C'mon pal, what's going on?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    BTW @jookychap if you are having a lot of trouble with the printers you could get in touch with my eldest son who has a print management company.

I'm sure he would sort you out cheaper and more efficient quality print.

Get in touch, tell him Dad sent you.  ;)

http://www.titanprintmanagement.co.uk/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fandango said:
    Very poor show that it's taken this long to sort the printers out. I've made light of the delays up to now, but it's beyond a joke. Just ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. I am not impressed.

Emailed @JookyChap again (via his Guitar Quarterly address) a few days ago, and am waiting for a response. The lack of any communication over the last 6 weeks is deafening.

C'mon pal, what's going on?
    Agreed, the continued delays are annoying but what I find really irritating is the apparent complete lack of respect and consideration for the subscribers.

Quite happy to take the subscription fees but can’t be bothered to send updates to us all.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Tumbleweed ....
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    fandango said:
    Tumbleweed ....
    Very bad form. 

Seeing as though 4:52am is still going strong, I feel he's taking the Mick.

Anyone had any contact from him about this?

must feel like a right kick in the teeth for the forum members who subscribed and who invested time and money in the guitar you built for him.  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16546
    edited November 2017
    andy1839 said:
    fandango said:
    Tumbleweed ....
    Very bad form. 

must feel like a right kick in the teeth for the forum members who subscribed and who invested time and money in the guitar you built for him.  

TBH, we built a guitar for him because we cared for the guy.

im still hopeful, and I certainly don’t regret my involvement in showing him how much he was valued here.

yeah, it’s a bit shit that he has so far failed deliver on this project.  It does seem like 4:52 has become the focus at the expense of those who paid for GQ.

my assumption is there are factors we don’t know about. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer yet 

Frankly, I miss his input here

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    WezV said:
    andy1839 said:
    fandango said:
    Tumbleweed ....
    Very bad form. 

TBH, we built a guitar for him because we cared for the guy.

im still hopeful, and I certainly don’t regret my involvement in showing him how much he was valued here.

yeah, it’s a bit shit that he has so far failed deliver on this project.  It does seem like 4:52 has become the focus at the expense of those who paid for GQ. 

Frankly, I miss his input here

I agree completely, he was a great contributor to the forum. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • He was a very active, supportive and informative member, one of the reasons I was happy to support GQ.  Im disappointed that it has not lived up to the promise but like others suspect something has gone wrong.  The lack of communication is however more disappointing, than the loss of money.

• He was a very active, supportive and informative member, one of the reasons I was happy to support GQ.  Im disappointed that it has not lived up to the promise but like others suspect something has gone wrong.  The lack of communication is however more disappointing, than the loss of money.
    I'm not in regular contact with Mark, but we've met a few times re guitar stuff and he's a really nice chap with the best of intentions. He's had health issues for a while, and I suspect this is what has happened here, unfortunately. (I would hasten to add that I don't actually know whether this is the case - but from what I know of the guy, he would never intentionally let anyone down, and I think illness may be a factor here).
  • I have to admit I now regard the t shirt as a bit ironic... 

I hope all will turn out well in the end, I’m happy to remain patient but I wouldn’t be averse to an update. 
    I've asked Mark/Jooky for an update.

I know what the situation when we last had contact - a month or so ago - but if he's around, an update would probably be helpful.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    I gave up mentally on this a while ago. Shame.

Red ones are better. 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2867
    Marks a good guy for sure, he has gone out of his way to help me many times over the years. 

I'm sure it will all get sorted. 
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Hi Chaps

Well, I totally ballsed this up didn't I?

I'm not quite sure where to start but to say sorry for the silence. It has been a bit of a ropey blakc-of-dog kind of time, but no excuses, I should have let people know what was happening with the magazine and instead I kept digging, which was pretty dumb.

I know how weak this probably sounds but as I've said to a few people direct we have had all manner of printer problems. I've  lost track how many times we've gone around the loop of finding someone new and then they haven't worked out. It was bad enough before the first issue and I didn't think it could be worse after that, but there we are.

As for where we are now. I'm pleased/relieved/somewhat stunned to be able to say that we have finally got it sorted and that the second issue will be with people before Xmas. Really, in 3D and everything. Which is a relief as a twice a year quarterly is a bad enough joke, an annual would have been proper shonky.

From there issue 3 is already done and will be out end of February/start of March, and the fourth April/May. So at least we'll get the 4 issues in within the year from the first if not all in 2017 as planned. 

Does that make it better? Nope, I feel a proper dickhead to be totally honest, and I feel I've let a lot of chaps on here that I consider mates down. So sorry, but it will be sorted now, and if you'll still have me, I'll be knocking around again now if that is OK?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for the update @JookyChap - and it'd be absolutely great to have you "knocking around again"

:)