Terry Morgan 59 Reissue

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
in Guitar tFB Trader
I'm putting the final touches to a potential deal to acquire a Terry Morgan 59 Reissue

couple of questions to the knowledgeable gang out there regarding them

a) any way of dating them
b) any identification marks in the pick up or control cavities to authenticate
c) any idea how much they are new today and with that in mind any guide line price on today's selling value
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Maybe give Richard a bell...he knows the game with these. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    Maybe give Richard a bell...he knows the game with these. 
    Thanks - I've had a chat with him regarding ID marks and dates but it appears there is none - somewhat surprised me - but hoping any owners can add additional info
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • Mark, pm'd. 
  • MattPMattP Frets: 252
    Argh! I've been after one for a while but have just bought a Knopfler! 

If you're able to, please post some pics, it'd be fantastic to see it. 

I can't really add much to the specific questions other than to note that New Kings Road Guitars have a 2015 that's been for sale at £9k for quite some while now. Seems a little toppy. A chap I know that owns one paid a good amount less, although that was a few years ago.

Guitar Avenue have a left handed model for £6k, although that website seems to be rarely updated so I have no idea if it's still available for purchase.
    tFB Trader
    MattP said:
    Argh! I've been after one for a while but have just bought a Knopfler! 

If you're able to, please post some pics, it'd be fantastic to see it. 

I can't really add much to the specific questions other than to note that New Kings Road Guitars have a 2015 that's been for sale at £9k for quite some while now. Seems a little toppy. A chap I know that owns one paid a good amount less, although that was a few years ago.

Guitar Avenue have a left handed model for £6k, although that website seems to be rarely updated so I have no idea if it's still available for purchase.
    it will be a few days yet before any deal is finalised, so pics can follow - Yes I've seen those used examples via google - Yes I will need to make a profit on it, but hoping to be sensible regarding the price
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Who's Terry Morgan?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2017 tFB Trader
    Sir Terry if you please - Sir Terry Morgan took over the role of Chairman of Crossrail on 1 June 2009
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    That's what I thought, that's why I was confused about the guitar connection.
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    That's what I thought, that's why I was confused about the guitar connection.
    at least you were on the track
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What do these say on the headstock? 
    tFB Trader
    What do these say on the headstock? 
    GIBSON and LES PAUL (script logo)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • miserneil said:
     @Miserneil anything to share with the group Neil as it seems hardly anybody knows here?
    Thanks
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
     @Miserneil anything to share with the group Neil as it seems hardly anybody knows here?
    Thanks
    Well, I don't think I'd be treading on any toes or revealing any big secret but these guitars are rightly considered to be the best '59 Les Paul replica available in the world today.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks Neil Andy =)
  • DamianPDamianP Frets: 499
    miserneil said:
    miserneil said:
    Thanks
    Well, I don't think I'd be treading on any toes or revealing any big secret but these guitars are rightly considered to be the best '59 Les Paul replica available in the world today.
    Top 3.
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    I have one. There are no markings which differentiate them from the real deal. In fact they are so accurate I believe there are some featured in "Burst books" as the real deal, which is unfortunate. 

If if you can get an introduction to the pasta man himself, then he is very amenable and willing to discuss your guitar. Although his recollections about when they were made are a bit vague......."I think it was made in 2013". 

I "think" the new price is  around the £5500 mark, but I could be wrong, Neil might know. Used prices are generally higher as the waiting list is over two years. I would think £6.5k to £7.5k is realistic.

Mine is definitely the best Les Paul I have ever owned.

Rob
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Ossyrocks said:
    I have one. There are no markings which differentiate them from the real deal. In fact they are so accurate I believe there are some featured in "Burst books" as the real deal, which is unfortunate. 

If if you can get an introduction to the pasta man himself, then he is very amenable and willing to discuss your guitar. Although his recollections about when they were made are a bit vague......."I think it was made in 2013". 

I "think" the new price is  around the £5500 mark, but I could be wrong, Neil might know. Used prices are generally higher as the waiting list is over two years. I would think £6.5k to £7.5k is realistic.

Mine is definitely the best Les Paul I have ever owned.

Rob
    Thanks Rob for info - I've now managed to contact TM and sending pics in due course for additional 'verification' - still waiting to sign of the deal - I played it yesterday for a short while, but will own it in a few days, then post it on my web site accordingly and add link or pics on FB as well
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11593
    tFB Trader
    I think TM does try to keep these on the hush hush as Gibson "don't encourage" such behaviour

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I think TM does try to keep these on the hush hush as Gibson "don't encourage" such behaviour
    I think you are correct - almost a secret door and no obvious contact points when you search google etc - He has responded, very quickly, to my e-mails after an introduction via FB members who know him - so thanks all round