New empress dual delay

What's Hot

Comments

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I'm getting mine cheaper than that...$650 AUD
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4689
    Christ alive. That's more than I paid for my Moog 
    I begin to feel that some of these digital things are taking the piss.... I wonder how dissimilar it is to the reverb under the hood. 1 architecture spawning multiple pedals seems to be the way forward..

It's like VST's, really you are paying a lot for the algorithms.  I don't mind that and some companies have a model where the cost includes future updates like this with the expansion card and Neunaber etc.  Also, companies like this are on their 2nd or 3rd generation of pedals which has user feedback put back into the design.

The cost is still high, relative to things like the FX8 considering what you get, but at least they are future upgradable.  Plus companies like Empress do seem to ensure the hardware is of top quality with good converters and clean bypasses.  For me, this is the area in which the more budget companies seem to fall down, even if their a algorithms are good.

• samzadgan said:
    edit: I just did a pre-order of it...
    How much is it? I dare not look
    £459 at Andertons...ouch.
    My Word! That's insane!

Well it is pricey, but that only puts it at £30 more than a Timeline, and as with their Reverb, they will add new delay algorithms in the future.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7155
    It does sound exceptional, I'll give it that... and delay is my weakness. The fact that I loved my superdelay also factored in... but in reality I don't see where it'd fit on my setup now; it'd have to occupy the space taken by my H9, which is vastly more capable, and arguably as good sounding. Couple that with stupid midi implementation and I'm unlikely to get it over the line, however much it appeals 
  • Christ alive. That's more than I paid for my Moog 

If I could get a Moogerfooger delay for less than £450 now, I'd jump at it. They're selling for 4-figure sums now!
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4689
    That looks very much like the feature list for the Mooer Ocean Machine, which also does reverb...and it probably half the price.
    £269 on Andertons. 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/MOCEAN/reverb-pedals/mooer-ocean-machine-devin-townsend-guitar-pedal?LGWCODE=MOCEAN;56375;6335&gclid=Cj0KEQjwk-jGBRCbxoPLld_bp-IBEiQAgJaftc-9JqN8CS8rBHgjYJ7NAIS0GbQc-nEMqKUZcNpvLbkaAoLN8P8HAQ

I've no doubt it will be ace and look incredible value, but as Mooer's first foray into this market I'd wait for reviews and some user experience.  It's been shown for at least a year now, so at least you can't say it has been rushed!

I'm not a big fan of the aesthetics, looks dated already to me, but if it's good it wouldn't stop me getting one.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    samzadgan said:
    edit: I just did a pre-order of it...
    How much is it? I dare not look
    £459 at Andertons...ouch.
    My Word! That's insane!

Well it is pricey, but that only puts it at £30 more than a Timeline, and as with their Reverb, they will add new delay algorithms in the future.
    Wow, then the uk is expensive - a timeline here would only cost me about £350
    BintyTwanger77 said:

If I could get a Moogerfooger delay for less than £450 now, I'd jump at it. They're selling for 4-figure sums now!
    Blimey. I saw one last week, brand new for 690chf - wish I'd bought it now - just checked on reverb and yup £1000 seems to be the going rate..
    BintyTwanger77 said:

Blimey. I saw one last week, brand new for 690chf - wish I'd bought it now - just checked on reverb and yup £1000 seems to be the going rate..
    ...and it still wouldn't tempt me to sell mine!
    BintyTwanger77 said:

Agree, though if that gets up to silly money it will become harder to resist :)
    Quite amazed that they haven't reissued with the Xvive chips.
    BintyTwanger77 said:

Agree, though if that gets up to silly money it will become harder to resist :)
    Quite amazed that they haven't reissued with the Xvive chips.
    Reckon that's got to be about the ceiling - a bit more again for the SD. 
  • BintyTwanger77 said:

Oh go on!
    Wait...I don't get how in the Uk this is more expensive than butt-fuck Australia...
    samzadgan said:
    Wait...I don't get how in the Uk this is more expensive than butt-fuck Australia...
    Exchange rates most likely. Or inflated pre-order price?
    samzadgan said:
    Exchange rates most likely. Or inflated pre-order price?
    Has to be inflated pre-order...I guess it's what they think they can get away with. 
    Also...mid April is the quoted arrival of the pedal...now I just gotta sell a few pedals!
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Is this people suddenly seem to be selling their Nemesis? I'm still torn between that and the Tonal Recall, I don't have room for something like the Empress.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22107
    BintyTwanger77 said:

The American prices for Moog gear have been ramping up over the last year. Last Moog delay that sold on Ebay here went for £680 for the 104M. A brand new 104m-SD went for $2300 in February.  

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22107
    That looks very much like the feature list for the Mooer Ocean Machine, which also does reverb...and it probably half the price.
    ... And which currently seems to be set for release in early summer 2026. ;-)

And the first Ebay listing is up for them :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mooer-Ocean-Machine-Devin-Townsend-Signature-Delay-Reverb-Looper-Effects-Pedal-/152491086531?hash=item23812d52c3:g:q68AAOSwc-tY3Qli

... And which currently seems to be set for release in early summer 2026. ;-)

And the first Ebay listing is up for them :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mooer-Ocean-Machine-Devin-Townsend-Signature-Delay-Reverb-Looper-Effects-Pedal-/152491086531?hash=item23812d52c3:g:q68AAOSwc-tY3Qli
    Strings direct also have them and Andertons just changed the Preorder deleivery date to 03-APR... guess they are finally coming!