Arpeggio map

What's Hot
Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent arpeggio map please.  I had one saved to my faves for a long time, but a couple of computer rebuilds later and it's gone walkabout.  Doesn't have to be every key just major, minor, 7th, maj7th, minor7th etc etc.  I want to develop more skills in jazzier improv on both guitar and bass.
No Darling....I've had that ages.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Research 'Drop Chords'.

You need to work it out for yourself though because it is a thinking process.
    You can't possibly learn all the arpeggios in all positions without having a system- and that system is 'drop chords'.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I found the one I had.  It's called musicopedia.

Thanks for the heads up on drop chords @octatonic, I'll give that a look.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 659
    octatonic said:
    Research 'Drop Chords'.

You can't possibly learn all the arpeggios in all positions without having a system- and that system is 'drop chords'.
    +1

I'd recommend working the arpeggios out between frets 1-5 too. That'll then give a pretty exhaustive amount that can then be transferred across the fretboard/other positions etc. 

Working it out for yourself and thinking it through is a tougher but more meaningful road. I think you'll be surprised how easy it is to get every key down too, which is vital if you want to develop Jazz improv. Good luck!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    octatonic said:
    Research 'Drop Chords'.

as they say in Latin…

abso fa cenlut le

going find for yourself is so much better for you..
    the knowledge sticks better and it's better for your ears too..

play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom