Tower Records (Dublin) Hi-Fi shop

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4978
As per title Tower have a nice hi-fi shop in their Dublin shop. Some great looking and sounding kit on offer. Lots of cool turntables, all the right side of €500. Must resist the strong GAS for a shiny black Pro-ject tt
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 980
    For the past few years I have sat on the fence about buying a record player. I would go for a Project or possibly a Rega, from reading various reviews over the years.  I'm sure that in a few years time I will go for one, but atm streaming/spotify suits me for right now.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    Me too @duotone, I stream FLAC music files these days. And control the system from my iPad. But the sight of a turntable always excites. Buying a turntable is the cheap part. The cartridge, phono stage, wall mounted shelf, cables and not to mention the high cost of vinyl LPs means vinyl is an expensive way to listen to music. And vinyl is even more addictive than guitars.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3058
    Do it lads it's just like the old days. It's worth it just for going into record shops again. :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

http://www.amoeba.com/our-stores/index.html#san-francisco

Always wanted to visit this company, trouble is the stores are in....Berkeley, San Francisco & Hollywood 
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Get a Rega Planar 3 in that sort of budget range - amazing sounding deck
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Found an old link from when I was considering what to buy

https://www.turntablelab.com/pages/beginners-guide-to-turntables#drive

Oh and this guy I find relaxing to watch, he has a large vinyl collection & speaks about and shows new vinyls he has purchased, he plays bass too & has a band.