Transcribe a Solo for Cash??

What's Hot
exocetexocet Frets: 1948
Can anyone here transcribe a solo for me...for cash?

I can read music / TAB - I don't need the whole solo transcribing, just a "fast" passage (not fast by shred standards).

I've tried slowing it down but it sounds very blurry - maybe legato technique?

There is also a reasonable clip on You Tube where you can see players hand position / fingering.

Here's the clip

£30 Paypal Gift?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    edited January 2017
    Just on a quick gander, there are two fast bits in that solo right?

First one I'd say he's playing the the relevant pentatonic scale, second run the relevant diatonic scale.  Tripletty feel and just going super fast: at that speed he's not thinking about the notes just playing the scale runs he's practiced already.

Are you depping for this guy?

Great sing by the way, I only listened to the solo cos the whole song was so enjoyable! 
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1948
    Thanks - I think I agree, the downward run is Pentatonic, the upward run is diatonic?

Depping...god no, but my band is covering this version of the song, Played it for the first time last night minus the solo. it went pretty well.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

I mentioned a couple of pro transcribers who can do this over here:

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1350701/#Comment_1350701

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    Love that song and that version ,,, very cool

Those bits are just Legato pull offs mainly really in an pent flavour ... not sure if the jazzy run down is that intentional or a bit of a fluff :) 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I do learn solos note for note in most cases for our cover band but for that song I'd just jam something as he misses the end himself which makes me think he is just winging it. There's nothing in the solo that would make me want to replicate it - no standout sections that "make it" or are integral to the song. Just a good groove and some choice notes to make it your own :)

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    Vaiai said:
    I do learn solos note for note in most cases for our cover band but for that song I'd just jam something as he misses the end himself which makes me think he is just winging it. There's nothing in the solo that would make me want to replicate it - no standout sections that "make it" or are integral to the song. Just a good groove and some choice notes to make it your own :)

Agreed, some nice notes at the very beginning but nothing I would bother copying note for note after that
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Also, there's no solo in the original so go wild and do yer own :) We added one to Left Outside Alone by Anastasia and I winged it for a bit until I got a structure and now play it the same each time. This song has a lot of scope for doing a great groove/feel solo.

• mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    edited January 2017
    The first run goes both up and down sounds pentatonic to me, the later one at the end, diatonic.  It's really just scribbled across - just pick a scale and play it with lots of pull offs and hammer ons.

I think we're all in agreement that the runs - particularly the second one - are not worth learning note for note.  It's more the change of speed and dynamics that you want to recreate.

The slower bits are worth it tho as he has a clear beginning and development with a reference to t he vocal melody in there.

There's a Windows app called Musican's Practice Edge that looks great for looping videos to transcribe.  I've never tried it but it's in my thoughts for when I need to learn stuff from YouTube.  http://www.musicianspracticeedge.com/
    I contacted Levi.....is he a "machine"? He answered within a minute! Looks like he'll transcribe the solo for £20.:)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Have you seen the human/machine connections used on the film The Matrix?

That's how you have to imagine Levi's interface to the internets...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I hope Levi transcribes the fluffed bit at the end in Nick Jonas style.
    And 15 minutes later he'd completed it...for a tenner....apparently it was too easy :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I was going to say he owes me a pint for the referral, but at current pub prices (and given my sophisticated tastes), I think he'd be pushed....
  • Anyone interested in transcribing the opening and solo to this song? Can't find it anywhere, which is not too surprising, really. I'm not going to pay anyone, but hey, if you like the song and are interested in transcribing it for your own use, you may as well share the results with the rest of us, rite? ;D

• DLM said:
    I was going to say he owes me a pint for the referral, but at current pub prices (and given my sophisticated tastes), I think he'd be pushed....
    hahaha

That buys you 5 pints in Scotland! 
    Support me on Youtube or Patreon
    https://www.patreon.com/leviclay    |    https://www.youtube.com/c/leviclay
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    The more you learn, scales, modes and patterns and such, the more you'll be able to recognize the colour of the fast bits, like there's a bum note at 3:43.

YouTube does half speed though doesn't it?
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    That was a really sweet cover, until the solo kicked in !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom