Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

These guys are terrific!

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
Well, at least I think they are - and the lead guitarist is using the Line 6 Helix too!  There's loads of their stuff on youtube, this is just a selection:

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sounds like 90% of function bands on the agency circuit to me, they're decent enough, nothing special though IMO.
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    sounds like 90% of function bands on the agency circuit to me, they're decent enough, nothing special though IMO.
    You're a tough audience Chris...but I really like 'em!  :)

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • sounds like 90% of function bands on the agency circuit to me, they're decent enough, nothing special though IMO.
    You've been very lucky with some of the bands you've seen then! 
    Only watched the first clip but it's a very well done cover and you do get the point of units like the Helix for situations like this. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    I know what you mean - I love it when people do harmonies live though. Always puts a smile on my face.

Saw a pub band do "Carry on my wayward son" with full harmony. Gave me a huge grin :D

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    I think decent harmonies are where most pub \ function bands fall short ... including my own. 

That's the only thing in this band for me really, good harmonies but worth posting anyway
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Sounds good. It's about the harmonies in my band now. The odd gratuitous guitar solo now and then though of course. Emphasis on the word odd though LOL
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Have a listen to the vocal impressions in the 2nd vid - great fun
  • Loses points for having to faff with his iPad (assumingly for lyrics) part way through though. Pet hate of mine (sorry if you need a lyric sheet!)
    Loses points for having to faff with his iPad (assumingly for lyrics) part way through though. Pet hate of mine (sorry if you need a lyric sheet!)
    Its live...what do ya want - shows they're human! D 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    I found myself sitting here picking holes in it, then thought that if I saw them in a bar I'd be absolutely knocked out with them, stealing ideas and wishing the rest of my band were there to see how it's done.

Don't get me wrong, they're not the slickest function band I've ever seen, but they put a lot more work into the details than my ragged lot do, especially vocally.
  • Just watched their 'Killer Queen' cover - splendid!
    Thanks for posting. I'm in the process of forming a function band - looking for inspiration.
  • Danny1969 said: 
    I think decent harmonies are where most pub \ function bands fall short ... including my own. 

That's the only thing in this band for me really, good harmonies but worth posting anyway
    Absolutely right, harmonies elevate a performance from very good to great if done well. It's a very much neglected art, in my opinion.

• The vocals are strong - and they can clearly play - but not the kind of band I like. It's all very competent - but very dull.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16013
    They are a first rate pub/club band BUT obviously some of us must have seen some very different function bands - some of the function bands I have seen at very expensive Weddings and Bar-mitzvahs and Corporate functions have 2 lead vocals, 3 backing singers with perfect harmonies and a 4 piece brass section let alone guitars and keys,drums bass and latin percussion
      I thought they were very good for their line-up but not extra special 
  • They are certainly very different from the 3 piece guitars/ bass/ drums wedding band that I go out in! - I would LOVE to have a keys player so we can expand the sound, and I dream of vocal harmonies that good - but they are concentrating too hard on slavishly following the sound of the originals at the expense of the energy that could really elevate these performances.

That and the fact that I don't like her voice at all...She can sing, it's just a personal taste thing but there again I like very few female singers anyway.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4671
    edited February 2017
    OK.  As a simple amateur guitar player - although trying to be better - I found all three songs tedious; just copies of the originals done quite well.  The mix was too bright with the vocals far too forward, the singing was competent but not inspiring and the playing in general was OK without standing out in any area. 

If they were playing in a pub, I would tap my foot and clap politely but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them. 

Hopefully, they're not on here....

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • Tough crowd you lot!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Tough crowd you lot!
    My thoughts too.  I wonder how many FB members and or their respective bands play to this standard?  Regardless of others thoughts, I stand by my praise and I think this band are very good and I enjoyed listening to them.    ;)
  • Plus that guitarist Hanan Rubenstein is incredible!
  • I never had more fun than my old band doing 3 part harmonies. Absolutely brilliant. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires