Belgium: Waffles, Beer, Chocolates, Poirot and now a good music shop = Quilter NAD!

thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2320
edited February 2017 in Amps
Decided last week I was going to get a quilter head.

spoke to the UK shop, and they weren't overly helpful - suggested 3 times I come in and try the amps -  which is a bit tricky as I'm in  NE scotland, and the shop is in Wembley. Couldn't really give any great answers on my questions around the amps either, and whilst not unfriendly I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling about them.

Had a look around and saw that the http://theguitarbar.be     are  a quilter distributor,.     Fired them quite a few emails, they responded very quickly and in detail, gave some good advice and basically advised I went for the cheaper of the two amps I was looking at from what I'd been talking about.  
  Only thing I would say is that they have a guide Euro/UK price conversion which is a bit unrealistic but a quick check online still showed a saving of over £50 against the UK shop. 

I went back to the UK distributor and asked if there was anything they could do price wise to get near the guitarbar price.   They said no as apparently they have to import the amps from America. (unlike anyone else in EUROPE obviously).

Anyway, pulled the trigger, bought the amp from the guitarbar, and it arrived 3 days later with UK plug, free delivery, they provided tracking details etc.

Not plugged it in yet but hoping it will be as good as a lot of people have said, and will be used as a backup/stereo option.  
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    edited February 2017
    I have a friend in the US who loves his Aviator.  Which model did you get?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2320
    Richardj said:
    I have a friend in the US who loves his Aviator.  Which model did you get?
    pro block 200.    
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    I'm interested in one of these. The Danish online seller has the Pro Block 200 listed for 525 Euro...is that a decent price?

Interested in how you find it. I need a backup amp cause I don't want to take two valve amps to a gig. I need something that gives an approximation of BF Clean and that takes dirt pedals well.

exocet said:
    I'm interested in one of these. The Danish online seller has the Pro Block 200 listed for 525 Euro...is that a decent price?

Interested in how you find it. I need a backup amp cause I don't want to take two valve amps to a gig. I need something that gives an approximation of BF Clean and that takes dirt pedals well.

thats the same price as the guitarbar.   worked out  at around £445.

I've a gig on saturday so will give it an airing there  probably in stereo with my wienbrock gringo amp.  I was tempted by the aviator gold head, but don't really need a two channel amp - and the additional cost of the aviator + footswitch gets quite pricey.

• I am occasionally on tdpri and there's a lot of love there for Quilter ( I guess bear in mind a lot will be for cleaner, country/worship, styles in there). Some of the earlier models were properly ugly but they seem to have addressed that . 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Ooh I'm interested in the Pro Block 200 as well. I realise I won't be able to drag my Matamp with me everywhere I go, so this looks the business for a back up.

Actually some people have ditched their valve amps and kept the Quilter because they're so efficient and easy to transport round.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Interested if it "compresses" a little when played clean.
    Well so far it sounding pretty darn good. Very tweakable and takes pedals well.  

Need to try it in a band mix really as I thought the same about a yamaha thr100h which had a superb clean channel but just didn't cut through or be loud enough in a band situation. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Are you still enjoying your Quilter? I'm Gassing for something tiny and powerful at the moment.
    simonk said:
    Are you still enjoying your Quilter? I'm Gassing for something tiny and powerful at the moment.
    Yep love it.