SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1978 Alvarez Yairi DY57 - PRICE DROP TO £500!

What's Hot
noirleblancnoirleblanc Frets: 37
edited March 2017 in Acoustics £
This lovely acoustic guitar was hand made in Japan. Designed and hand built by master classical guitar luthier K. Yairi who sadly passed away a couple of years ago. He has hand signed the label.

Grover tuners
Spruce top
Mahogany back and sides
Dreadnought
Made in Japan in 1978 according to serial number stamped on heel starting with 53
Has been considered by many a clone to the Martin D-18

Features Grover Rotomatic tuners, Brazilian Rosewood headstock overlay and Bridge/Ebony Fret Board/Solid Spruce top, African Mahogany back and sides, one piece Mahogany neck. Hand made in Japan by K. Yairi.  Kazuo Yairi was one of Japan's master luthiers. In the U.S., K. Yairi guitars are distributed by Alvarez. Mr. Yairi's guitars have long been played by many professional musicians (such as Bob Weir, Carlos Santana, Paul McCartney, Bono, Jerry Garcia, Ani DiFranco, and Monte Montgomery) and many have become sought-after collectors' pieces in recent years.  To learn more about the making of Alvarez Yairi handmade guitars such as this one, go to YouTube and type in Yairi Guitar Factory Tour.

The action is low, the sound is full, beautiful and crisp.  Playability is great and the guitar looks and plays the way it did when purchased new in 1978.  The sale includes its original internally padded chipboard case (as shown in photo).

If you're into vintage guitars, it's rare that you will ever find a one-of-a-kind guitar of this quality that has been preserved this close to its original condition from the late 1970's time period...This style of guitar has its roots in the Martin D18, but is a slightly more refined version with a nice chunky feeling neck almost like a 50's Gibson. The guitar had a partial headstock break that was professionaly repaired before I took ownership but it has been rock solid during its time with me.  The guitar plays like a dream and sounds full and warm with a little top end mahogany sparkle. It comes fitted with an undersaddle pickup and is ready to gig!

£500 for a quick sale!

Images here : http://imgur.com/a/ZRBWT

Please drop me a line with any questions. I'm based in NW London

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Price Drop to £550
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Your link points to an amp pic...
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Also, would be good to know the scale length and nut width. Ta!

Trading feedback here
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Scroll down from the amp pic 
    sticker said:
    Scroll down from the amp pic 
    Thanks - wasn't wasn't too obvious on the mobile page!

Trading feedback here
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    I'm surprised that this is still here, it's a cracking guitar. (Went round to try it out and would have bought it if my back order of an Eastman from the Netherlands hadn't come back to life.)
    I'm surprised that this is still here, it's a cracking guitar. (Went round to try it out and would have bought it if my back order of an Eastman from the Netherlands hadn't come back to life.)
     How did you find it in terms of bass response? On a par with a D18? I've heard these can be a bit brighter.

Trading feedback here
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    I've never played a D18 for long enough to be confident about answering but it had plenty of bass. Also a lot of headroom in that you can whang a chord pretty hard without it turning to mush or rattling. 
  • Price drop to £500
    Still wondering about the scale length and nut width...

Trading feedback here