SOLO of the Month #25 - Chat (Extended to 26th March)

Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1167
edited March 2017 in Making Music
This is the 25th SOLO of the Month (SotM) Challenge, being run by @Antique_Guitars and @TTony

We give you a new backing track to solo over every month. The backing track will be a maximum of 1.5mins long. 

You download the track from our soundcloud page, record your solo over the top of it and then submit it to us.

Challenge #25 is now open, and remains open for submissions until 24th March. 
Voting opens on the 25th of the month, and closes on the last day of the month when the winner will be announced.

Here is this months backing track (you can download it from soundcloud) Specs: prepared by @stratman3142 ;;;

Send your tracks to solos@theFB.co.uk

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/c-and-d-mills-backing-track-stratman?in=thefretboard/sets/solo-of-the-month-backing

The tracks will be uploaded to our SoundCloud account and saved in a playlist that will be linked below

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/sotm-25-2017-03
Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    Sent.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1278
    Not going to get time this month I'm afraid. Can't complain though. Off on my hols tomorrow  :)
  • not popular so far

Old Is Gold
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5850
    not popular so far

Might be an idea to extend submitting for a few more days, last months comps ran until March 4th. I fancy a crack at it, but so busy learning covers at the moment, will try though :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    edited March 2017
    not popular so far

Oh dear. Hopefully I haven't broken things by submitting an uninspiring backing track
    You live and learn.
    It's not a competition.
  • @stratman3142 Afraid I couldn't engage with it. Sorry :(
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • I will probably extend it a bit because I did start it quite late 
    Old Is Gold
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    not popular so far

Oh dear. Hopefully I haven't broken things by submitting an uninspiring backing track
    You live and learn.
    On my part, just no time. Been really busy making a new website for the band and getting some old recordings finished. Will try to submit something!! Track seems good to me.
    Well, in the words of Magnus Magnusson....."I've started, so I'll finish" :)
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    Sorry @stratman3142, no reflection on your track from my point of view, I've been very busy on a couple of other projects for the last month or two.

The track is not my usual style at all, but that's just a good reason to give it a go - if I can carve out a few hours!
  • ChrisRGChrisRG Frets: 55
    Mine will be coming this week. In the nick of time as usual probably. I like the track but it doesn't mean I'll do it justice though!
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3068
    I've done one - it's just not very good. I'll restring my Strat after practice tonight and give it another go. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    not popular so far

You live and learn.
    No, the track's fine, very jolly.  Had good fun with it.

Mine's in.
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    not popular so far

You live and learn.
        I liked the track, this is a solo competition and this kind of backing works perfect for that.  My entry was all one take, my 3rd or 4th attempt, I know it's not going to break any records but I enjoyed doing it because it wasn't too demanding of my time and it was well within my skill level.  Winning isn't the big point here for me, I just like being able to participate in something and I try to vote in anything I enter.  I face enough challenges writing/recording my own music, this is like going to jam session without leaving my home.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    not popular so far

You live and learn.
        I liked the track, this is a solo competition and this kind of backing works perfect for that.  My entry was all one take, my 3rd or 4th attempt, I know it's not going to break any records but I enjoyed doing it because it wasn't too demanding of my time and it was well within my skill level.  Winning isn't the big point here for me, I just like being able to participate in something and I try to vote in anything I enter.  I face enough challenges writing/recording my own music, this is like going to jam session without leaving my home.
    I agree that the winning isn't the big point. I like to go for something different most times. And it's just good to get any kind of feedback.

I appreciate any entries over my backing track and the kind comments above. Plus it's great that @Antigue_Guitars organises these challenges.

Hopefully it's OK that I've posted an entry, just to (hopefully) encourage other entries.

It's not a competition.
    @Antique_Guitars ;

Tried sending mine in and got a failed delivery message. Don't get it, I've entered this numerous times with same email address. Any help?

Thanks.
  • @Antique_Guitars ;

Tried sending mine in and got a failed delivery message. Don't get it, I've entered this numerous times with same email address. Any help?

Thanks.
    @Bellycaster just ignore it I always get the emails I think it just has an issue routing to one of the other email addresses attached to that account. Uploading yours shortly.
    Old Is Gold
    @Antique_Guitars ;

Thanks.
    @Bellycaster just ignore it I always get the emails I think it just has an issue routing to one of the other email addresses attached to that account. Uploading yours shortly.

OK @Antique_Guitars thanks.
    Sent. That was hard work. Well out of my comfort zone,
    quality stuff in the playlist!