Line 6 L2T - Anyone Played Through One ?

WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9513
Thinking of possibly getting one for Kemper and acoustic use...

Anyone had a play ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Yes
    They sound great
    i use them for monitors
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Yup. Excellent speakers - if a tad heavy for what they are but the wood cabinet allegedly make a big difference to the overall sound... least that's what the design team said when we questioned the weight of the prototypes.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Has anyone compared them to the Yamaha DXR10/12?
    impmann said:
    Yup. Excellent speakers - if a tad heavy for what they are but the wood cabinet allegedly make a big difference to the overall sound... least that's what the design team said when we questioned the weight of the prototypes.
    I've had a merry time sawing through the baffles on one of the sub making a couple of emininence replacement speakers fit ... 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7391
    simonk said:
    I plan on doing so when I go down to Andertons next week to work out how much I need to save for something to go with my Helix 
    Red ones are better. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    TimmyO said:
    simonk said:
    I plan on doing so when I go down to Andertons next week to work out how much I need to save for something to go with my Helix 
    I'd be interested to know. The DXR10 is excellent with both Helix and Kemper, and I'm wondering what, if anything, the Line6 brings to the party for the extra dough.
    I think the big thing with the L2t etc is that it is part of the Stagesource digital-control setup - so if you have a full band/PA rig of it you can do amazing things from the comfort of your tablet/phone 

As a single FRFR tool for one band member, I *suspect* it's overkill/overcost - but I'll see what my ears think.

I rang Anderton's yesterday to check if they had this stuff on the shop floor or if I needed to ask in advance for it to come from their warehouse (apparently there's loads of it actually in the store so no worries) and the chap's response seemed to echo the above - when I mentioned DXR10 he said that they are a very good shout, but that they have stuff at all the price points so I intend to make the most of the opportunity and try a load out.  If anything jumps out at me I may see if I can get it on the old 0% on the day. 

He recommended bringing my own Helix to use my own patches (such a shame you can't just bring 'em on a USB stick!) 

Tim 
    Red ones are better. 
  • i'm interested in this move.. let me know how you get on...   my concern is how it competes with drums in a rehearsal room...  as opposed to feeding my POD into the desk...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

I think if you turned one of these up full the only problem you'd have would be hearing the drummer
    Red ones are better. 
  • lol.. I'm considering the spread really but I get your meaning...   There's a bunch of alternatives mind... Alto, Mackie, Yamaha, QSC...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

It's plenty loud
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9513
    Still debating this or the DXR 10... 
    If you can afford it get the L2
    if you don't have to lift it anywhere get the L3
    otherwise get the DxR :)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9513
    edited March 2017
    I really fancy the L2T, but Ive got a DXR10 incoming tomorrow...

@cabicular - have you played both mate ?
    Only played the Yammy in a shop tbf so not at gig volumes
    sounded a bit boxy but then so does the L2 until you crank it up
    in the house I just use my studio monitors (Adam A7xs) which sound great and I find the tone translates well to the L2s live.
    if I play the L2s at the same level (as I did the Yammys) it's boxy:)
    i have never owned a Yamaha product Inhave been disappointed with though (and that is quite a statement)
    not everything they do is brilliant (some things are . the SA2200 is a beautiful guitar) but nothing they do is bad!