New pedalboard company

BombleBomble Frets: 17
edited March 2017 in Made in the UK
This is my first post on anything so bear with me! Im thinking of starting a pedalboard company up. This is a prototype, a few changes to be made. I personally don't like the locking jacks. Some feedback from you guys would be awesome, good or bad! 
 https://i.imgur.com/enzWQTV.jpg.

https://imgur.com/Ra1Ul3F

https://imgur.com/tfu6Cxt

https://imgur.com/nnxndFl

https://i.imgur.com/YFY4AH1.jpg

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    The board looks very tidy, nice one. It's a crowded market though - by crowded, I mean for the amount of people waking up in the UK each morning wanting to spend a decent amount of money on a pedalboard vs how many of "us" there is out there now.

I guess you'll need to think what makes you unique, the board design is fairly standard (but very well executed by the looks of it), and there is another newish UK hardwood board maker who also does great work with a similar design. Is that a wooden case I spot or is that the bottom of the board (the tweed bit?) If it's a case then that's probably your unique bit, as far as I know most others ony have a flightcase option, even if the board is wooden.

Good luck with it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BombleBomble Frets: 17
    Thanks for the input and kind words dindude.
    The tweed is the bottom of the board, but I do intend to to make a case to match. I guess my unique idea was to do custom/boutique hardwood boards as I didn't think there was any uk companies doing this,without sounding rude but all the ones I've seen over here are doing cheaper hardwood style pedalboards.
    Who is the newish company out there?
    Need to check out the competition!  =)
    cheers
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7766
    Love the dovetail joints. Not sure if a 1/4 input is necessary, just the power.
    Bomble said:
    The tweed is the bottom of the board, but I do intend to to make a case to match. I guess my unique idea was to do custom/boutique hardwood boards as I didn't think there was any uk companies doing this,without sounding rude but all the ones I've seen over here are doing cheaper hardwood style pedalboards.
    cheers
    I was thinking of alderandash, who are doing some nice boutique boards. I think where you could differentiate though, like I said, is that they do a flightcase option, but if you did something more like the US Salvage boards, where it folds into a top to make a case maybe.
    Thanks winney_pooh. 

dindude said:
    Bomble said:
    cheers
    I was thinking of alderandash, who are doing some nice boutique boards. I think where you could differentiate though, like I said, is that they do a flightcase option, but if you did something more like the US Salvage boards, where it folds into a top to make a case maybe.
    Ok man, cheers. Will do some more research and thinking! Is smorg pedalboards you? Only just seen the link!  =)
    I'm so bad with computers......
    Bomble said:
    dindude said:
    Bomble said:
    cheers
    Ok man, cheers. Will do some more research and thinking! Is smorg pedalboards you? Only just seen the link!  =)
    I'm so bad with computers......
    Yes, I'm the Smorg man.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7411
    Looks really nicely done - it'd turn my head for sure.

For me (others may have other thoughts) a board is nowt without the means to get it to a rehearsal or gig. And the weight of the board plus it's case/bag/box is a thing. 
    Red ones are better. 
    Sweet looking boards dindude  =)
    TimmyO said:

For me (others may have other thoughts) a board is nowt without the means to get it to a rehearsal or gig. And the weight of the board plus it's case/bag/box is a thing. 
    Cheers dude. A case design is next on my hit list. As for weight, it's never going to be the lightest (compared to an aluminium one)
    it weighs 5.5kg unloaded, which I think is fine but others may disagree!!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    TimmyO said:

Because you know I'm all about that case, that case, no treble...

From reading about DIY pedalboards and even the Gorm ones sourcing the case/bag seems to be a difficult thing and, for me, you haven't really got a product until that's sorted. Having said that some of the fancier wooden pedalboards seem to be primarily for the man cave users that will never get anywhere near the dirty floor of a pub on a Saturday night so that might be less of an issue there.

At 5.5kg unloaded that's about twice as heavy as an equivalent Pedaltrain, the real weight comes from the pedals though so once loaded I'm not sure it would be noticeable. Nice looking board BTW. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Cheers erictheweary.
    i know weight will be a big deal tor some, will have to take it into consideration when I do the case  =)
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I'd buy one. Having said that I'd love to nitro lacquer the wood for a more unique look. And no, I don't have to worry about gigging. It would just be for home use.

Good luck mate, very impressive!
    =) lonestar said:
    I'd buy one. Having said that I'd love to nitro lacquer the wood for a more unique look. And no, I don't have to worry about gigging. It would just be for home use.

Cheers dude, I really appreciate that. It is finished with nitrocellulose lacquer (approx 7 coats) but a satin finish. I'm thinking it should be a gloss finish, maybe would stand out more. Intend to do all unique boards. Keep you eye out in the future for Bomble pedalboards  =)
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Bomble said:
    =) lonestar said:

Cheers dude, I really appreciate that. It is finished with nitrocellulose lacquer (approx 7 coats) but a satin finish. I'm thinking it should be a gloss finish, maybe would stand out more. Intend to do all unique boards. Keep you eye out in the future for Bomble pedalboards  =)
    Sorry I should have said I'd nitro it in shell pink or sea foam green then let it age on its own. It's something I'd be tempted to do. What do you intend to RRP these at then?
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    I would suggest not covering the underside.
    The thing about Pedaltrains (and suchlike) is that you can route the wires underneath (making it neater) and also put the power supply underneath (saving pedal space).
    When I was looking a while back, I did consider the wooden ones, but opted for a Pedaltrain.
    lonestar said:
    Bomble said:
    =) lonestar said:

Sorry I should have said I'd nitro it in shell pink or sea foam green then let it age on its own. It's something I'd be tempted to do. What do you intend to RRP these at then?
    Aha, that's a good shout. I've not figured out how much I'm going put them out for, once I'm 100% on the design I will have a think.....

prowla said:
    I would suggest not covering the underside.
    The thing about Pedaltrains (and suchlike) is that you can route the wires underneath (making it neater) and also put the power supply underneath (saving pedal space).
    When I was looking a while back, I did consider the wooden ones, but opted for a Pedaltrain.
    There is 4 screws in the top, just have to take them out and all the cables and power unit goes inside. The top has slots in to put your cables through. There is also a kettle lead wired in ready for your power unit
     =) 
    https://i.imgur.com/nnxndFl.jpg
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12896
    The design is cool, my concern with wooden boards is always the weight. Add in a decent case and it will weigh a tonne when its got pedals on it. 

The design is cool, my concern with wooden boards is always the weight. Add in a decent case and it will weigh a tonne when its got pedals on it. 

Yes weight will always be a big issue for some and I totally understand it. But personally I'd rather lug around a little more, for the sake of having a one off, cool as, board
     ;)