vintage style angled junior bridge?

How accurate are these? Where would I get a compensated one to fit angled stud position in UK? Cheers:)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    The original style work really well

I've used mojoaxe, rockinger and kluson
    They're all bang on even the g strings are intonated

If you've got angled studs the normal wraptail should work
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Sweet! Thanks for putting my mind to rest:) Cheers.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16668
    It's one of those things we will all disagree on.

I am perfectly happy with an uncompensated lightweights wraparound set at the right angle....but the compromised intonation, especially on the G, will not be good enough for all.  

Luckily these days you have loads of options for simple compensated bridges and don't  need to resort to a baddass bridge or anything with full intonation adjustments
    Mmm I'm prepared to give it a go. Bit confused by the compensated bridges. There must be 2 types? One for straight bridges and one for angled bridges. Looks to my research my best cost effective solution is to try a plain wraparound and if i find it no good,use a Faber compensated job such as Amber Guitars supply?How do we feel regards material also? Aluminium the one to go for?
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    Fake 58 here http://fake58.co.uk/G Bridges.htm do the stair step ones, including a different version for wound G strings.  I have their standard one on my angled stud Junior and it intonates well for my particular set up.
    Ah right. I'd seen that one and thought it was for the sqarer set posts. Cool,I'll put that one on the short list. Cheers:)
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    My friend has just put a cheap lightning style bar on a junior build and it still had to be angled slightly

Also it sounds really good for such a cheap wraptail, we just wanted to see what it was like
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    Think what I'll do is get a aluminium vintage style one and see what its like. If its not good enougth I'll go compensated. I'm just playing rock and punk so should be cool? I'm not a technical player at all ha. Hopefully will sound ok to my unsophisticated ears:) Really wanting that vintage look.
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    sawyer said:
    Think what I'll do is get a aluminium vintage style one and see what its like. If its not good enougth I'll go compensated. I'm just playing rock and punk so should be cool? I'm not a technical player at all ha. Hopefully will sound ok to my unsophisticated ears:) Really wanting that vintage look.
    You can try one of these and send it back if it doesn't work for you.

http://www.amberguitar.com/tailpieces/63-lightweight-aluminium-wraparound-tailpiece-nickel.html

Had good reports on the compensated ToneBar version. They're both aluminium.

edited March 2017
    That be great thanks!:) when the time comes I'll have one of them. Got it bookmarked.Cheers  
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I think I've got a step stair wraparound bridge that came with my junior. I'm swapping it out for a ToM stop tail piece bridge instead. Easier to setup and intonate imo
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Hi I asked for a few suggestion on bridges recently for my GSP basses junior build. 

I have only used two types of bridges in the past on Juniors the Wilkinson Prs style or my old Schaller Badass style which I used for years on my original own build junior that passed away recently. 

There is a sort of purity in the the simple bar types but do they really make much difference to tone.

Is light better than heavy etc etc .

Any pointers to good junior sounds would be helpful. 

The easiest option is just to use the Schaller I never felt it was wrong on the old one but if there are better suggestions happy to get one of the recent suggestions. 

cheers
    Hi I asked for a few suggestion on bridges recently for my GSP basses junior build. 

I have only used two types of bridges in the past on Juniors the Wilkinson Prs style or my old Schaller Badass style which I used for years on my original own build junior that passed away recently. 

There is a sort of purity in the the simple bar types but do they really make much difference to tone.

The easiest option is just to use the Schaller I never felt it was wrong on the old one but if there are better suggestions happy to get one of the recent suggestions. 

cheers
    @Bridgehouse had a Faber Tonebar he was testing out. Ask him if he's still got it and he might send it to you to give a whirl. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579

cheers
    @Bridgehouse had a Faber Tonebar he was testing out. Ask him if he's still got it and he might send it to you to give a whirl. 
    It's now being tried out by @peteri - I believe he will pass on if required tho!
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    @Bridgehouse is that the one on the guitar when you sold it to me?

If so - I've switched to the 'other spare' so happy to let someone have a go
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    peteri said:
    @Bridgehouse is that the one on the guitar when you sold it to me?

If so - I've switched to the 'other spare' so happy to let someone have a go
    Yep - that's the one. If you could pass it on to someone else that would be cool ;)
    sawyer said:

http://www.amberguitar.com/tailpieces/63-lightweight-aluminium-wraparound-tailpiece-nickel.html

Have bitten the bullet on one of your Faber 50's wraparound tailpiece ,studs and posts bundle:) They look just the job.metal butterbean Klusons too. Some cool stuff on your site. Highly recommended. Cheers.
    sawyer said:
    sawyer said:

Have bitten the bullet on one of your Faber 50's wraparound tailpiece ,studs and posts bundle:) They look just the job.metal butterbean Klusons too. Some cool stuff on your site. Highly recommended. Cheers.
    Cheers!

I'm slooooowly expanding the stock. Need to get on with it this year. 
    Aye I've noticed since I first went on your site there's more gear. The Faber kits are cool. All good stuff. I've no doubt I'll be back ha
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    I can highly recommend the Faber aged tonebar and @streethawk ;
    Top notch!!