SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED WTB car for daughter . . . .

What's Hot
notanonnotanon Frets: 607
edited March 2017 in Misc £
. . . . as you know lot's of people would sell their own mother a death trap car. Anybody know of a good reliable runner for £2k to £2.K mark?

I'm looking on Gumtree to avoid trade + can see seller's other items to rule out amateur hidden car traders dealing as private. Seems can get full service history and 1 owner at around that budget but thought I would give a shout out here for anybody who knows of a bargain with genuine reason for sale. Thanks folks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    I'm not selling but I bought my daughter a Ford KA two years ago. It was an 08 plate with 40k and the Luxury model (leather seats, air con) for £1400. So far it's been a great buy - cheap to insure and reliable. KA's aren't everyone's cup of tea but she has just bought a mini convertible and I am keeping the KA! 

• notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    @robwright what are they like for rust? Was that a private deal or trade?
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Toyota Yaris. The model from about 2000 to 2005 are pretty much bullet proof. Never see a rusty one and the chain cam engine is totally reliable. Low insurance too.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @ronnyb ;

Thanks for confirmation - no surprise you are not the first to recommend those.
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    My daughter had a Hyundai Getz for years. She would probably still have it if it wasn't for having kids and needing something bigger
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    It was a private sale (Gumtree). Bodywork really good apart from around the filler cap which is typical for the KA. 

• Hear great things about yaris. 

I have an aygo - not sure how much it has in common with a yaris but it's a bit cheaply built. With that said, my mechanic reckons the aygo is an exercise in cheapness where the yaris is a pretty solid little run around. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    You can't go wrong with a Micra, Corsa or Clio tbh, cheap insurance and pretty bulletproof
  • I have an impeccably clean VW Polo for sale, the eBay link has all the info, Ill PM you it
  • wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 258
    if you are still looking I have a '55 plate skoda fabia classic 1.2 now surplus to requirements due to my impending retirement & no longer needing a second car, well below budget at £750 to a fellow fretboarder, ideal first car, might be a bit far away for you tho, I am close to M5 junc 28, pm me for further details, mike.
    @wrinkleygit ;
    I think that would have been ideal. She is now sorted she eventually went for a Peugeot  207. Thanks for letting know and thanks for the extra offer for Fretboarder - appreciated.