David Cross Band

What's Hot
trolleytrolley Frets: 88
Just saw them at HRH Prog. Brilliant! Craig Blundell's a monster. 
And Clarky's not bad
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Ha yes he's quite a player ain't he.
     I'm so glad you enjoyed our set
    play every note as if it were your first
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 88
    If you ever do a UK tour I'll be there. And would advise everyone else to do so as well. Best band of the weekend.
    i'll see Mr Blundell again - with Frost
    trolley said:
    If you ever do a UK tour I'll be there. And would advise everyone else to do so as well. Best band of the weekend.
    i'll see Mr Blundell again - with Frost
    wow… you have no idea just how much a comment like that means to me…
    our next gigs are all in Europe.. I'm hoping that we play again in the UK this year…
    if / when I hear something I'll shout for sure..

HRH Prog was a really special weekend.. had a wonderful time…
    and met so many really cool people...

No bullshit - that was a seriously good bunch of musicians. I'd never listened to your stuff before & I wasn't a KC fan.

funnily enough, I wasn't a KC fan either when I went to the audition [back in 91 I think]
    I only knew 21st Century Schizoid Man
    I didn't even know that DC was in the band until after the audition when I was loading the car and the bass player told me…
    even now I wouldn't say I that I'm a huge KC fan..
    the thing with them though is that the songs they did that really hit the spot for me, seriously hit the spot..
    Red, Starless, 21st Century, Exiles are the standout songs for me..
    Fripp is a true master of dissonance.. he has this amazing ability of putting tonality together that should totally fail..
    and somehow make it beautiful.. a real gift..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited March 2017
    Just witnessed Craig Blundell at a Roland drum evening at Guitar Guitar, Epsom. What a superb drummer.

No drum solos per se and he played along to music and his own mash ups. So inventive, musical and engaging whilst being very down to earth. A lovely, humble chap and quite shy.

I couldn't believe how many projects he's involved with and his schedule. All deserved
    edited March 2017
    trolley said:

No bullshit - that was a seriously good bunch of musicians. I'd never listened to your stuff before & I wasn't a KC fan.

thanks so much.. it's really awesome when this gets noticed..
    I have to say that the depth of experience, talent and sheer ability in the DC Band is phenomenal..
    it really is amazing to be playing with guys like that..
    interestingly, it's not just the playing that really pushes you, it's the listening and looking..
    the interaction..
    it really is a joy to play with those guys..
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    Clarky said:
    funnily enough, I wasn't a KC fan either when I went to the audition [back in 91 I think]
    I didn't even know that DC was in the band until after the audition when I was loading the car and the bass player told me…
    the thing with them though is that the songs they did that really hit the spot for me, seriously hit the spot..
    Fripp is a true master of dissonance.. he has this amazing ability of putting tonality together that should totally fail..
    I am a pretty serious Crimhead- you are exactly right about Fripp but he didn't get it from nowhere.
    In interview with Eric Tamm (who wrote the rather wonderful 'From King Crimson to Guitarcraft') he said he basically slammed together Hendrix and Bartok.
    I think that is a pretty good description of what Crimson are about, really.
    octatonic said:
    Clarky said:
    I am a pretty serious Crimhead- you are exactly right about Fripp but he didn't get it from nowhere.
    In interview with Eric Tamm (who wrote the rather wonderful 'From King Crimson to Guitarcraft') he said he basically slammed together Hendrix and Bartok.
    I think that is a pretty good description of what Crimson are about, really.
    quite a combination that… lol…
    as mental as it seems, it works though beautifully..
    you can really hear it in songs like Red
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12359
    Big KC fan here. Red and Larks Tongues are my favourites but all their albums have something about them, even though I'm less fond of the later post-Belew material. I think what makes Crimson such a good band is the way they slowly build tension through a piece and then when it gets almost unbearable they resolve it, so clever. Fripp seems to have a knack of making nasty angular riffs work with the more fluid lines over the top too, he's such an incredible musician. 
    boogieman said:
    Big KC fan here. Red and Larks Tongues are my favourites but all their albums have something about them, even though I'm less fond of the later post-Belew material. I think what makes Crimson such a good band is the way they slowly build tension through a piece and then when it gets almost unbearable they resolve it, so clever. Fripp seems to have a knack of making nasty angular riffs work with the more fluid lines over the top too, he's such an incredible musician. 
    I did a re-write of Red once [with Robert's blessing].. called it Purple..
    Sid Smith [who run the KC fan site] posted a link to it..
    I expected to have my lil' castle stormed by angry villagers.. but to my surprise they all seemed to like it..
    edited March 2017
    Once would have done! 

edited March 2017
    Once would have done!
    Can the nice mods remove 2 of these?
    Clarky said:
    boogieman said:
    I expected to have my lil' castle stormed by angry villagers.. but to my surprise they all seemed to like it..
    Sounds interesting, love to hear it. Can you post the link here @Clarky ;
    boogieman said:
    Clarky said:
    boogieman said:
    Sounds interesting, love to hear it. Can you post the link here @Clarky ;
    https://soundcloud.com/clarkymusic/04-purple
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Blimey!  :o
    That's superb. 
    boogieman said:
    Blimey!  :o
    That's superb. 
    thanks matey… glad you like it…
    I called it Purple cos I mixed a little blues with Red..

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom