Mini acoustics

What's Hot
FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
I really like the idea of having a small body acoustic in the house to pick and and play when I have a few minutes. 

Looking at the Taylor GS Mini, the Martin, or the Faith Nomad Series. 

Thoughts? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    I didn't like the GS mini because the scale is very short. It felt too odd.

I tried a load of smaller bodied stuff and ended up with a 00 sized Martin. Not a cannon by any means but feels great and has a sweet mellowness to it. I'm enjoying it so far.
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    Avoid the Baby Taylor, I had one and found it to be a pile of number 2's.

As above try a 00 type guitar.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Interesting!

Anyone own one of the Faith nomads? 
  • toescantalktoescantalk Frets: 142
    Avoid the Baby Taylor, I had one and found it to be a pile of number 2's.

As above try a 00 type guitar.
    I tried quite a few 3/4 size guitars and liked the Baby Taylor Mahogany the best. Which was pain as it was second hand and couldn't part / ex on. Still bought it mind.

A 00 guitar would probably be better but wasn't what I was after.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7761
    Not tried the fauth but I have a GS mini, love it and write 90% of my songs on it. Travels well too.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    I have a GS Mini and love the thing. Played more than my 25 year old D28 - not because it's 'better' - it's just the ideal sofa guitar. Plays easily and surprisingly loud. It sounds 'much' bigger than you might expect it to.
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited March 2017
    As I've said in several threads my Faith Mercury is the best acoustic guitar I've ever had. It's brilliant. Never tried a nomad, but every Faith I've tried has been good in its own way. 

Check out the Gretsch Jim Dandy too. Cheap, small, playable- brilliant wee thing. 
    The Sigma acoustics are lovely copies of Martin designs & worth trying. 
    @stimpsonslostson I've tried the Jim Dandy, great value little guitar but found it a little too rustic sounding. 

I own a Sigma DR28 which sounds, plays and looks fantastic. So impressed by Sigma, great guitars. Would definitely look at a 00 size Sigma. 

The only time I've played Faith on my visits to Millers in Cambridge (usually get up 'north' a couple of times a year) and they seem really good. 
  • Cambridge "north"?!? I've not been that far south in about 10years!  ;)

my thoughts on my guitar are in the Faith thread http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/89417/faith-guitars#latest

Mine is one of the naked ones (my budget was £400, so the naked was right on the edge), but I'd love to have a crack on the other ranges they do to see how the different finishes make. 
    I have family in Cambridge and always like to complain how far north it is, and how I have to cross the eastern hemisphere from Hampshire! 

The one thing I don't like about Faith guitars is they don't have any fingerboard dot markers! 

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    edited March 2017 tFB Trader
    Washburn comfort series. Massively under the radar but lovely travel guitars. I have one - solid top, snazzy cutaway, bevelled armrest, looks the part and sounds great, very full and bigger tone than the size would suggest. 

http://www.washburn.com/products/acoustics/WCGM15SK.html
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    I have the Taylor Mini GS and I love it! 

So chuffed that it has an ebony fingerboard!

This is a demo of me playing it with my phone's microphone, it's not perfect

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    +1 for GS Mini. Love mine it was supposed to be a travel guitar but it's the one I now pick up most
  • LozboyLozboy Frets: 80
    I have an Eastman E10P in sunburst not cheap new,but worth getting if you can find a S/H one.
  • LozboyLozboy Frets: 80
     Just to add to my last comment.The problem I found when looking for a parlour/00 size guitar was the manufacturers different takes on this partic size.Also some do NOT specify actual lower bout/shoulders/waist & body depth.Some manufacturers 00/parlour sizes are just a tad smaller than anothers 000.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom