The cavern

What's Hot
Any one played there?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Not for a good few years. Bit of a tourist trap, cover band central, not really on the circuit for original stuff anymore - used to do more of that about ten years back but it's a constant stream of covers and tributes from what I see of it these days. 

Have sponsorship deals with a few manufacturers so some decent in house audio and backline.

You playing there? 
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Not for a good few years. Bit of a tourist trap, cover band central, not really on the circuit for original stuff anymore - used to do more of that about ten years back but it's a constant stream of covers and tributes from what I see of it these days. 

Have sponsorship deals with a few manufacturers so some decent in house audio and backline.

You playing there? 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    No, but I've played in some right holes in my time...
  • No point hiding it - were a total tribute/covers band. Not cool I know -its  a 9 piece ska band doing the 2tone stuff. 

I haven't been there for years - a fella approached us after a gig at a club in Chester tonight and said he was putting a 'mod' night on in the Cavern and would we play. We exchanged details so we'll see what happens. 

I am asking cos I haven't been there for years and it was pretty desperate last time I was there (is that sacrilege?) 
  • No, but I've played in some right holes in my time...
    Excuse me!!! 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    No, but I've played in some right holes in my time...
    Excuse me!!! 
    Cavern.. Hole... 

It's late, ok?

:)
  • Hey - thats a totally viable pun at any time in my book...

we've all played a few holes in Liverpool. 
  • danodano Frets: 1568
    edited April 2017

@Placidcasual79 what;s your band ? I'm chester / Liverpool based and quite like a good ska 2tone band
  • dano said:

@Placidcasual79 what;s your band ? I'm chester / Liverpool based and quite like a good ska 2tone band
    I dont know about good, but we do ska 2tone. Were called Skariad - we were in Chester last week at March of the mods in the live rooms. 
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 88

Not the Cavern Club - but I went to the Cavern Pub and saw probably the best covers band ever. The Paul Kappa band - brilliant! And free admission

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    I played there in 2013 during a tour supporting Steve Cropper with The Animals. 

It's small by comparison with all the other gigs we did on that tour, but it does have a great vibe and surprisingly, a good sound. I think the sound guys have managed to deal with the difficulties posed by the room.

The stage is small to and there's just one dressing room, but I didn't care as I got to hang out with The Colonel himself once more.

Load in/out is a right pain in the ass, I think we just had to use the main entrance and stairs.

It was a bucket list gig for me.

Rob.

• Ossyrocks said:

Rob.

Ditto - same for me too Rob. Sounds like it'll be a squeeze for the 9 of us! 

Playing with Steve Cropper. Wow!!! utterly incredible. Without doubt one of my favourites. How was it?
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Ossyrocks said:

Rob.

Ditto - same for me too Rob. Sounds like it'll be a squeeze for the 9 of us! 

Playing with Steve Cropper. Wow!!! utterly incredible. Without doubt one of my favourites. How was it?
    Not with him! We were Support. 

A really really nice guy, with loads of time to talk. We spent hours just yacking about music. I fixed his amp at the Milton Keynes show and he said " Rob, you're da man!" Priceless.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sweet! 
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    trolley said:

Not the Cavern Club - but I went to the Cavern Pub and saw probably the best covers band ever. The Paul Kappa band - brilliant! And free admission

Paul's a local legend - check him out on youtube