Black Magic Amps/Retro Amps - calling Devon Residents........

What's Hot
BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
Has anyone any experience of Black Magic Amps nr Okehampton or Retro Amps in Newton Abbot. My Budda needs a service.
Black Magic has a great website, but Retro is only 10 mins away. 
Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I've had good dealings with both.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrTMrT Frets: 21
    I'd be interested to know how you get on. I need to get my HRD serviced and was going to try out Retro Amps but just haven't got around to it yet. Keep us posted if you take the plunge!
  • BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
    edited March 2017
    I'll let you know @MrT I know BlackMagic do Mansons work, and the website certainly talks a good fight. I can only see a FBook page for Retro and I know nothing else about them. I know I can give them a call but I'm hoping someone might have a bit of feedback/info for either of them.
  • leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    The 64 bassman i bought had been restored by Retro amps before i bought it and did a fine job of restoring it , i had it checked over by my tech and they said they had done a fantastic job
  • I've not used either of them, sorry.

(pointless post I know, but I'm in the general area so didn't want to seem to ignore the question)
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    ^ Yep me too...can't add any help soz :)
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    I use my mate Dave Danielli who is 3 mins from me, a great bass player and electrician.  based in Welcombe North Devon
    OK, thanks people. I'm marking up 2 rattle balls, and see which one the cat goes for first. That shall define where I direct my custom........

I'm also awarding wisdom for those of you that bothered to respond, but for no reason other than to say you don't know. It seems somehow appropriate.
  • MrTMrT Frets: 21
    @Barrivee - did you ever get round to getting your amp sorted? I'm still needing to get my HRD serviced just haven't quite got around to it yet and be good to know how you got on.
    Hello @MrT actually haven't got around to it yet. I still intend to so will let you know as and when. If you get there first please let me know.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Since originally posting in this thread Darren at Retro has had a couple more of my amps in for some TLC and both came away sounding tremendous. He has an enviable stock of tasty old valves too.