Why am I so tired???

What's Hot
I got back in today just after 6, barely able to function, played football with the lad, helped make dinner, put lad to bed. 

Ive just had to give up on playing guitar again...... which makes it the 423rd night in a row. 

Im in bed, it's bloody not even half 8!!!
my eyes are closing. 

Why do do I have no energy?

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    edited March 2017
    Do you work a full time job & have kids?
    There are your reasons.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    Clock change

I got up at 6 but it felt like 5. Knackered now
  • NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 357
    Do you take 'statins' ?.
    Clock change

I just get up an hour later.
    Simples.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    octatonic said:
    Clock change

Simples.
    What, for 6 months?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    octatonic said:
    Clock change

Simples.
    Unless you intend to run the next six months an hour behind that's a short term plan
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24263
    Have you visited your GP ?  There can be many reasons for tiredness, some innocuous, some less so.  You would be wise to get it checked out.  My uncle was tired all the time.... after about 12 months, both his legs fell off.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    Depression? I spent years after getting divorced not having the energy to do anything - playing the guitar brought me no joy whatsoever. I have custody of my our son - so was working 50 hours a week, doing all house-work, shopping and cooking - as well as being a dad. Have to be honest - it nearly killed me.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    Clock change

Simples.
    Unless you intend to run the next six months an hour behind that's a short term plan
    I'll make it up a few minutes at a time. :)

In all seriousness- not having to get up to commute (and not having kids) means I just wake up when I wake up- I don't set an alarm but I sleep with the blinds open so the sun does its job.
    At the moment that is around 7am- last week it was 6am.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3436
    Drink water.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited March 2017
    clock change is a poss (most obvious) reason. your circadian rhythm (big word for body clock) will be slightly out of synch with your physcially active cycle.
    getting lots of daylight as soon as you wake up (curtains open on waking or drink your coffee sitting on the back doorstep) will help you reset.

getting deeper in, thyroid function a biggie, vitamin d (you will have gone 5 months without a decent top up if you live in uk), iron definciency (anaemia), something hormonal.
    a blood test will tell all there is to know (these are basic tests & you usually only need to have one sample taken which they analyse for multiple things).
    so ask doc. if they are any good they will be happy to offer (unless you are a neurotic & in every week with fantasy diseases & demanding treatment).

docs want patients who come forward & take an active interest in their health.
    the ones they despair of are the ones who come in with a fucking great tumor they have been ignoring for ten years, & that is now long past viable treatment. that is the saddest thing.

& finally (i'm going to say it if no one else will) sex (or a quality wank) before bed will really help you get a proper deep night's sleep, from which you are far more likely to awaken refreshed & hot to trot, than from a shallow & restless night's sleep. get to it!
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9699
    robgilmo said:
    Drink water.
    Plays for Leicester doesn't he?

I'd say definitely check on your diet and hydration levels, get it as nutritious as possible. Also turn your phone and TV off at least an hour before bed so that the sleep you get will be better quality
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited March 2017
    octatonic said:
    There are your reasons.
    I work full time, and I work part time (As a guitar teacher) and I have two kids under 4. I have good energy levels.

So something else?

I would look into iron levels, general fitness. job activity. stress levels. quality of sleep, hydration, eyesight.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3436
    S,A,D,?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16658
    I felt it today with the clock change, but I am knackered a lot of the time recently.

i have 2 under 5.  The youngest is 11 months and teething has kicked in.  My wife and I work full time so before and after school is a mad rush every weekday and that has taken some adjusting to.  

Its too easy to collapse once the kids are in bed... I feel loads better if I manage to have a productive hour.  That will be easier once I have adjusted to the clock change
  • octatonic said:
    There are your reasons.
    I work full time, and I work part time (As a guitar teacher) and I have two kids under 4. I have good energy levels.

So something else?

I would look into iron levels, general fitness. job activity. stress levels. quality of sleep, hydration, eyesight.

All of this. And obviously diet (which factors into several of the above). I feel more alert when I'm eating great food and less processed crap/refined sugars. 

But that does sound extreme. I'd consider seeing a doctor. The fact you've posted on here suggests it's "unusually tired" or "desperate for more rest" or even "exhausted". Our speculation won't add up to anything a good conversation with your gp will. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3059
    Just go and see your GP. They can put your mind at rest and sort you out. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    are you being abducted each night by aliens, subjected to tests of various and frankly degrading nature, then having your memory wiped before being put back into your bed? This happened to Riker one episode of ST TNG, I'd get engineering to sweep for tachyon particles. That should clear it right up.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Get some blood tests, two times I've been exhausted, each time i had a vitamin deficiency
    My V key is broken
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    robgilmo said:
    Drink water.

I'd say definitely check on your diet and hydration levels, get it as nutritious as possible. Also turn your phone and TV off at least an hour before bed so that the sleep you get will be better quality
    Great wisdom here