Fender Excelsior Tremelo ticking sound

jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12312
Annoying sound in time with the throbbing of the tremelo, Ideas?? 
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7334
    edited December 2013
    You need to read through the info in link and perhaps fire Bill a msg as he is the Mod King for small Fenders...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

It's especially ridiculous since the tremolo is coupled to the audio circuit using a transistor, so why they didn't just make the oscillator solid-state as well and avoid problems like this I don't know - other than partially accurately being able to describe it as 'valve tremolo'.

This is a quite good-sounding, fairly well-priced amp that is unfortunately just not very well designed or built.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom