SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn:- PRS DGT 2008 Sunburst BIrds 10Top;

What's Hot
gibbygibby Frets: 50
edited October 2017 in Guitars £
Keeping for foreseeable future..Have sold some others of the herd, so this stays 

.Having a bit of a "purge on the herd", so the DGT is up for sale, at least until a I change my mind . In extremely  good condition; 1st year production, all the bits/tags, original case etc etc..M.O.P Hollow BIRDS, rounded GRISSOM neck profile and jumbo frets which show minimal wear. Could almost be described as "NEW", except for the tuner UPGRADE to SPERZEL locking by the original owner, where the original screw holes from the PRS tuners are visible;I don't have the original tuners.  Recent info from members and internet research, show the original "modified" Phase II tuners with 2 screw lugs, to be UNRELIABLE and in many cases faulty, with buttons breaking. Probably why the original owner fitted QUALITY SPERZELS!!

This is an exceptionally comfortable and well balanced instrument,around 8lbs. Has been gigged a few times by me, but very well looked after and pampered! Has all the paperwork/tags etc etc. Recent full set up (Inc trem) with 10 gauge strings

Simply selling as I have too much stuff and I've had major G.A.S since Christmas and overspent big time   Also, it's not being used as much as it should be; I still prefer my Les Paul's WHEN my back allows it but my Strats and Tele's are seeing more action in my current band.

Looking for £1850 £1650. Happy for you to pop around to try it out. Based in South Wales/Caerphilly/Merthyr area; near M4/A470. Will post,BUT much prefer pick up if possible, for obvious reasons.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340

Sweet looking 10 top 1st year DGT, I've got it's sister :) Shame about the tuners :(

GLWTS

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Not wishing to derail, but why swap the original Schallers for the Sperzels?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gibbygibby Frets: 50
    Hi guys,I didn't swap the tuners; the previous owner did. I've had it quite a few years years but not from new. I was going to have the holes filled but decided to leave them "as is" in case anyone in future wanted to turn it back.These Sperzels are extremely stable, so I assume that the previous owner found the originals less stable??, or just wanted a bit more weight in the head,maybe to improve the balance..who knows!
    Sorry guys...the SPERZELS were in it when I had it...they still are! Getting my Sperzels and Shallers confused..I need to put these adds on at more sensible evening times, whilst I'm still awake! :o...will edit the original text
    Text updated :)
    The full spec for this DGT is:-

Dave Grissom Model/Maple Top/22 Frets/Figured 10 Top/Mahogany Neck/Grissom Neck Profile/Indian Rosewood Fretboard/Bird Inlays/Tremolo Bridge/Cherry Sunburst Colour/Nickel Hardware/Grissom Neck and Bass pu's/Grissom Electrics
    Price drop £1850 to £1650
    :)
  • Might be worth chucking some original tuners on that Ian. If the extra hole is covered up then job done and there's no sticking point as regards selling price maybe? Just sayin' 
  • 3MM3MM Frets: 1
    Might be worth chucking some original tuners on that Ian. If the extra hole is covered up then job done and there's no sticking point as regards selling price maybe? Just sayin' 
    Mentioning that the tuners have been changed back and forth and that there's extra holes (cosmetic only etc).

Momma always said, "honesty is the best policy".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hi Guys, It's what it is and I like to be 100% honest with gear..the original tuners were swapped to the Sperzels by the original buyer. Nothing been swapped since. I considered the possibly of fitting original tuners(until I saw the stupid price PRS sell them for). The guitar plays great as it is and who knows,may sound "less great" with the original tuners. I left the holes unfilled in case a future owner wants to switch it back to originals. Personally, I like the rigidity and stability of the Sperzels and the extra "weight" make it a very well balanced guitar.

(Rod, PRS Blackie MB going well =) )

• gibby said:

(Rod, PRS Blackie MB going well =) )

Ossum!
    :)
      :o
  • dcgdcg Frets: 231
    Really great guitars (the third control makes a lot of difference) - and quite possibly PRS' very best pickups...
    could be :)
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    dcg said:
    Really great guitars (the third control makes a lot of difference) - and quite possibly PRS' very best pickups ever...
    FIxed that for you
    For those inquiring about the DGT not having original tuners, I found this post/link...maybe this is the reason original owner swapped them out for the Sperzels..hmmm???

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/dgt-tuner-problems.1157694/

Spoke to <photek> earlier and he confirmed that early tuners on DGT's were a problem;he had tuning stability issues and others have said about them "Not working" and even breaking during use/buttons snapping off etc. SO,for now the QUALITY, RELIABLE SPERZELs will be staying! More proof that just because something is "All ORIGINAL does not mean it is BETTER....
    Bumpy Wumpy