Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Q1:  Same as MR to keep it simple - I often wish I'd chosen something more creative lol

Q2:  Mostly in East Yorkshire

Q3:  Just to keep playing guitar, do lots of gigs and keep improving...

Q4:  My PRS Guitars - Custom 24 has done more gigs than I can count

Q5:  Impossible to answer - usually whatever I'm learning that day - I love lots of prog (Marillion, Rush, Floyd) and all things rock but I'm pretty open to playing and gigging anything :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    1) when I started posting on forums there was a guy in Radio 1 with my name (Irish fella, does sport stuff these days) 2) Kenilworth, Warwickshire 3) To concentrate on my ambient/looping stuff rather than the pub rock covers I gig. 4) Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Reverb pedal. Pure awesome. 5) Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    edited August 2013
    37 year old, recently married, no kids (but under significant pressure), busy career with too many hours has turned music from an ambition into a much needed and valued escape. Q1. Din has been my nick name from an early age. Dude was added, can't recall why, probably needed more than 3 letters. Q2. Pinner, Middlesex, sleepy but pleasant with easy access to big smoke. Q3. Would like to start plying in a band again, it's just so hard to find good muso's who don't want to take it too seriously, I'll keep trying. Q4. My custom deluxe Strat is no. 1. Q5. Impossibles. But I'll pick one of many - waiting for superman, the flaming lips.
  • vizviz Frets: 10643
    edited February 2014
    TheGuitarWeasel;1388" said:

Q3:  To keep rocking as long as the hands hold out :) Then to make a pickup for God's Telecaster.

I think he plays a Jem, mate.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3851
    edited August 2013

Q1:  Seeing Eddie Vedder play an inpromptu version of 'Deadman' (only on youtube unfortunately). Best thing I ever saw.

Q2:  West Oxfordshire.

Q3:  None. I just like noodling in the house and love guitars.

Q4:  After years of fannying around buying expensive stuff I bought a CV tele and it's perfect for my needs. My KABL cable comes a close second mind!

Q5:  Dreamtime by The Jam.

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    Q1, I'd just bought a natural/blonde ES335 and needed something t register on a Gibson related forum. Not imagiative enough to change it and use it online in forums. My real name is Emp Fab... I mean Kevin. I'm 54 3/4

Q2, Suffolk, near the middle.

Q3, Done all I'm likely to achieve, so retaining enough health to play a few more years and sharing/encouraging others to have some fun with it.

Q4, An original 1968 50w marshall plexi head. It really is that good I haven't had to replace it in over 3 decades.

Q5, Too tough to call but probably Man of the World by F/Mac Peter Green.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    1 - Originally from a chess opening I liked.  But now it has become my name in lots of "real life" too. 

2 - I'm on the East edge of London, on the A13, forever 2am.

3 - Play UFO's "Rock Bottom" with the current band.

4 - Line 6 G30 wireless.  Fun!

5 - "Ophelia" by Natalie Merchant
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1. Can't really remember, used it for years, seemed to recall some Graham Greene sort of thing. 

Q2. Salford.

Q3. Apart from to just keep playing, none whatsoever!

Q4. 2001 Tom Murphy 59 Reissue Plaintop.

Q5. Starless - King Crimson ( Red )
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    edited August 2013

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Jooky means junk as in Jook (Juke) Joint, and was also an ill fated soft drink that never really existed

Chap is because I wear a lot of cowboy outfits at a weekend

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Posset nr Brizzle

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To find that elusive third chord

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

This week my AC15, but generally my MIJ Jazzmaster

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Old England by The Waterboys or maybe Red Army Blues if I'm feeling emo

• fatherjackfatherjack Frets: 180
    TTony said:

Q1:  Where did you username come from? From the excellent sitcom 'Father Ted'

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Dover, Kent, UK (far enough from Margate to be safe)

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? None, really - I just noodle away at home

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? A cheapo acoustic I was given nearly forty years ago - probably not the best, but it's the one I wouldn't be without

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? In My Time of Dying by Led Zeppelin

You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7669
    Q1:  Where did you username come from? It used to be arrowheadguitars, but I'm winding that down after 10 years, so just a shortening of Paul Creedy.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Northampton.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
      Not sure I have much in the way of ambition these days, I just like to play live (and be  creatively "musical" when I do)

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?
    Either of my self-built basses.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Trio - Da Da Da
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

It's the old Chillidog here! My real name is Ian, I'm 54 years old. I've been married to my missus, who's my best friend and supporter, for 32 years. I don't have any pets, but I love cats, and I have a 24 year old son.

1.   It came about when we were members of a local sailing club, and members used to make rolls at lunchtime on a roster basis. Some members' rolls were not exactly brilliant, and so some bright spark started up a Yahoo group to rate the club lunch rolls on a 1-10 scale, incognito. I wanted hotdog as a user name, but ended up with chillidoggy. I've stuck with it ever since, although it sounds pretty stupid to me.

2.   I was originally born and bred in Folkestone, but I've been living in Margate since 1999.

3.   My main musical ambition is to keep going with my current band, gigging about once a month. Any other musical ambitions are pointless because I'm never going to achieve those which are simply pipe dreams.

4.   Oh, that's a hard one, because there are two; My 2002, 1967 Reissue Flying V. Undeniably road-worn, and a bit bashed around, I know I look like some ageing twat rocker with it, but it just feels so right to me. The other guitars are nowhere near as nice. The other is my Cornford Hurricane head I've just made.

Another tricky one. But I'm going for Black Sabbath's 'Paranoid' album. Totally reprogrammed my life when I was given it by a mate of mine, aged 13. It's the root cause of the lifetime love of rock.

• SporkySporky Frets: 27569
    Chilli - for some reason the spam plugin had marked your post as such - I released it and deleted the two duplicates.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChristophEarChristophEar Frets: 46
    edited August 2013
    VimFuego said:

3. To play one note (not fussed which one) all the way through without cocking it up.

Shoot for the stars! :D
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    1) Citizen was my nickname at school because I played the theme tune from 'Citizen Smith' on the piano in first music class.

2) Live near the Mourne mountains roughly half way between Belfast & Dublin.

3) To keep playing out as long as I can - been playing in bands (mostly covers but recorded some originals too) since I was 17/8 - I'm 45 now. Want to do a bit more recording/writing too.

4) My 'D' clone amp - Ceriatone Bluesmaster HRM 100

5) Jimi's Voodoo Chile - it kept me at the guitar until I could jam out a decent version of it.
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1844
    edited August 2013
    1. When I registered for the old musicradar I was home sick and I was registering Whilst watching some shitty Australian soap - where the dog was called "travis" - et voila

2. Live in Dorchester, Dorset. A beautiful part of the country until the summer when we get besieged by bloody holiday makers on their way to Weymouth

3. I'd like to start another band at some point when time away from work and fatherhood allow. Something in the vein of QOSTA or old school grunge a la soundgarden, sonic youth, mudhoney etc. I've played in my current band for the last 12 years and sometimes yearn for something else other than wedding crap.

4. I suppose if the house was burning and I had to grab one piece it would be my '81 Burny Supergrade with wolftone pAFs. Pedals and amps are all replaceable - that's not

5. It's hard in world of so many good songs to pick just one, so instead of picking my favourite, the one that inspired me to pick up the guitar and play was the delicate sound of thunder versions of Comfortably Numb and Sorrow.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I'm Tim, 55 years old from London.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? The early days of the Intermusic forums - Fret [as in guitar and wired as in online]

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? London born now living in Herts

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? I'd love to write the soundtrack to something - game, indie film or something

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Probably a battered old erly 90's Mexican Strat that's been upgraded over the years - it's like an old friend.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Answers questions, questions answers by Focus

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Sporky said:
    Chilli - for some reason the spam plugin had marked your post as such - I released it and deleted the two duplicates.

Me? Spam? With MY reputation? Pfft!

• bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    edited August 2013

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  -  nick-name at work based on my last name !!!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?    -  the wild west, debbun born and bred, now reside in south glos. near Brizzle

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?    -  absolutely none.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?   -  define best

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  really have too many to say

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27569
    Me? Spam? With MY reputation? Pfft!

Probably saw your avatar and assumed you were an arse. HA HA HA HA HA.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."