Atomic Ampli-firebox

What's Hot
NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3411
edited August 2017 in FX
...is now shipping in the US.  Can't be long before andertons get them in. 

Looks pretty tasty....

http://atomicamps.com/amplifirebox/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TrudeTrude Frets: 916
    Looks great, but no loop? That means you can't have time effects post-amp and still use the XLR out. Bummer. 
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2751
    I'm not fused about a loop but it would have made sense to offer a delay and mod blocks, maybe that will come in an update.
    With it set up for two preset sounds and the boost switch bringing in a variation on each I reckon it would be a great little pedal to use as a backup or jam nights - could probably replace my AA3 with a bit of careful setting up. 

Be interesting to see the UK price when it arrives.
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    I want one.. stick this and a Magnum .44 on a tiny board and you're good to go. 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Had a tiny board with an AMT preamp and a Magnim, which gave me 3 channels and sounded great
  • Any more news on UK price and release date?

I'm decided on one of these and the Magnum 44, through a 1x12 cab with a neo creamback, for my lightweight rehearsal rig.  Might try an Alto TS210 instead of the magnum and 1x12.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4922
    edited September 2017
    No release date, but based on US vs UK prices and the US Ampli Firebox being half the price of the AA3 I'd suggest around £270 maybe? Join the Atomic forum or ask on their FB they usually reply reasonably quickly.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6959
    Boromedic said:
    No release date, but based on US vs UK prices and the US Ampli Firebox being half the price of the AA3 I'd suggest around £270 maybe? Join the Atomic forum or ask on their FB they usually reply reasonably quickly.
    I think Andertons are the only reseller in Europe-they sell the standard Amplifire units. You might be able to work out their likely price by looking at those vs US prices.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4922
    edited September 2017
    mrkb said:
    Boromedic said:
    I think Andertons are the only reseller in Europe-they sell the standard Amplifire units. You might be able to work out their likely price by looking at those vs US prices.
    Yeah thats what I did, in the US the Amplifire Box is half the price of the AA3. So going on that logic the UK price would be £270 as the AA3 is £540.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• Looks like its now available for pre-order at Andertons. Price is £279