Oil City January Sale.

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9984
edited December 2017 in Made in the UK tFB Trader
It's that Sale time again ... but this year I'm going to do it a bit differently. To help more people discover how good my Masterwound range are ... when compared to other premium UK and US brands ... I'm offering a staggering (well my wife was staggered) 25% off full Masterwound pickup sets from Boxing Day till the 9th of January! That takes them to around the price of my Standard range!
The deal will be as usual: order in the sale period for delivery by the end of January (approx). I will be offering 15% on singles from the Masterwound range in addition. 

Masterwound Dynamite with raw nickel cover (above)
This deal is only open to Fretboard members, does not include extra custom work and is for standard nickel covers or open tops, not Time Machine covers. 
Interested? PM me ... 
Ash

PS there will be some early New Year/Spring deals for those wanting Standard range pickups so as not to disappoint ... news of them soon.
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    Will you be doing any deals on looms?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9984
    tFB Trader
    rico said:
    Will you be doing any deals on looms?
    Coming up in the new year. I'm working on some bulk component deals to allow me to chop the prices without selling the cat!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    One day I will buy from you.  Oh yes....

I'm too skint this time of year, but good luck pushing the master wound sets, the pics sure look nice
    tFB Trader
    joeyowen said:
    One day I will buy from you.  Oh yes....

I'm too skint this time of year, but good luck pushing the master wound sets, the pics sure look nice
    Pics are being updated for our new website which should be up and running early in the new year. For the first time since starting Oil City Pickups six years ago I have entrusted the site design to a web professional ... I'm simply too busy making pickups these days to do all my own web design as I have in the past. The site is looking amazing in testing, and should be much easier for you guys to get around ... there will be a mobile friendly version too. We are exporting more and more, so a integrated cart system that takes account of worldwide postage had become a necessity ... that will be there too. 

There are some massively exciting things coming up on the horizon ... I think 2018 is going to be a landmark year!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Proud owner  of early BrassKnuckles pair...  heavily used since 2013.
    Really amazing pickups, no equivalent, thanks Ash!

.. I think i am about to enlarge the family!
    tFB Trader
    trabigwe said:
    Proud owner  of early BrassKnuckles pair...  heavily used since 2013.
    Really amazing pickups, no equivalent, thanks Ash!

.. I think i am about to enlarge the family!
    The Brass Knuckles have been taking a rest from my pickup lineup ... but will be back early in the new year!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m in, PM inbound. I tried a few when visiting @FelineGuitars and thought they were great.

• There are some massively exciting things coming up on the horizon ... I think 2018 is going to be a landmark year!
    Excellent stuff - I've got two sets of your pickups via Feline and I love them, pretty much the only passive pickups I use now :)

I'll be in touch January for more then!
  • I will be ordering some things from you when the time arrives.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

tFB Trader
    Excellent, lots of interest ...
    :-)

• ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Very cool. I'll be ordering a set of TubeSnakes I think. I'm sure I can find a Les Paul or something to try them in ;)
    tFB Trader
    ellwood said:
    Very cool. I'll be ordering a set of TubeSnakes I think. I'm sure I can find a Les Paul or something to try them in ;)
    They suit LPs or SGs very well. I had a pair in an SG and they sounded huge!

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Is there any mileage in ordering pickups from the (in my experience excellent) standard range - i.e. standard range model specs, but upgraded to masterwound? Just a query anyhow, cheers :)

tFB Trader
    Megii said:
    Is there any mileage in ordering pickups from the (in my experience excellent) standard range - i.e. standard range model specs, but upgraded to masterwound? Just a query anyhow, cheers :)

Really only for Telecasters ... or for the Black Knight/Black Arrow high output range.
    For example Tele pickups upgraded to Masterwound spec use vintage PVA coated, plain enamel wire as opposed to poly coated modern wire. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Megii said:

Really only for Telecasters ... or for the Black Knight/Black Arrow high output range.
    For example Tele pickups upgraded to Masterwound spec use vintage PVA coated, plain enamel wire as opposed to poly coated modern wire. 
    Cheers - I was just curious, it just happens to be that way in my case, but perusing the website, I find I tend to like the specs/descriptions of quite a few of the standard range pickups. Will keep my eyes open for any January sale bargains anyhow.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Hey Ash, does the sale apply if I send you a pickup and you make a masterwound pickup out of it? I want another of that alnico 8 Japanese style pickup you made me.
    tFB Trader
    samzadgan said:
    Hey Ash, does the sale apply if I send you a pickup and you make a masterwound pickup out of it? I want another of that alnico 8 Japanese style pickup you made me.
    The Bullet? PM me :-)

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Done!
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    Can't decide whether to go with a blackbird and 2 pre-bs single coils, or just go with the full set of singles!