Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Small Acoustic Amp

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    If she’s just after something at the budget end then I’d recommend one of the gear4music own brand (Subzero) ones. I’ve got the 25W one and it can sound very good IMO, although I’d never use the chorus:
    https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/SubZero-25W-Acoustic-Guitar-Amp-with-Chorus/NE6

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Roland’s are excellent amps.I know it’s more expensive but the AC 30 and AC 60 are very good then you won’t have to upgrade later.
  • dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    If you can find an old Trace Elliot TA100?.......they're built to last, still sound great and can be picked up for little enough money these days.
  • I've ordered a Fishman Loudbox Artist, they sound great, but I think the Loudbox Mini would do just fine,
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71950
    dallcorp said:
    If you can find an old Trace Elliot TA100?.......they're built to last, still sound great and can be picked up for little enough money these days.
    But be sure to check that the reverb works. It's a little Alesis module and is not unknown to simply die - and is of course irreplaceable now.

I've had a couple of these, one with the natural wood effect cabinet which seemed to sound better, but I have to say that they are quite dated sounding now and given the size and weight - and awkwardness to carry - and the possible reverb issue, I wouldn't buy one now unless it was really very cheap. There are a lot of better options now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    edited December 2017
    Has he got a computer + sound system ? - then all he needs is an audio interface + garageband or the like.
    alternatively -
    I have an AER 50 which is a quality no fuss unit - I've seen then second hand go for £400 - an option ? 
  • The Marshall and Roland Street Cubes are good. I have the ZT Lunchbox which is tiny, but great sounding.
  • I use a Roland AC 60 which does most jobs.Also has can take 2 guitars or 1 with lxr for mic.Has most effects and in a nice wooden cabinet with carry case.
    I had one of these also.  Great for home use and VERY small venues.  AC90 for pubs and small clubs.  I thought it was a great amp for acoustic and voice.
  • I can thoroughly recommend the Roland AC series. I have just recently purchased an AER which is about as top drawer as I want to go but I'm still keeping my AC-60, superb amps.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Alternative suggestion - if she just wants to play around with something at home what about a Blackstar ID Core Beam? 

It's got an acoustic channel plus electric and four modulation settings - delay / reverb / chorus / phaser - plus you can play music through it via Bluetooth. 

She can probably pick one up for £150. Useful piece of kit. 
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 139
    You could pick up a BEAM for 120 second hand if you want mine? Not got the original box, but, have a box, the paperwork n cables. 
  • Acoustic routed through a bass amp sounds better than just about anything else. Laney make some very nice small bass amps that can be picked up cheap.
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 287
    I bought the Marshall AS50D. My brother played an electric and I played an acoustic through it at the same time, sounded great. At the moment they can be had for £240.   =)