Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Winnie.

What's Hot

Comments

• Very sorry to hear this James and wishing you and Winnie all the best with it. I’ve seen loads of your pics of Winnie on Facebook in the last couple of years and she looks a lovely girl. Hope you get some positive news. Several years ago we lost our yellow lab Gibson to a tumour when he was aged just six. Then three years ago we lost our gorgeous flatcoated retriever Harvey to cancer aged just seven. We feel we were robbed. But now we’re lucky enough to have a fab black lab Barney, two years old and still going strong. All the best with Winnie, give her a few fretboard hugs for good luck.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Just caught up with this thread. Sorry to hear the news mate, fingers crossed that it’s a treatable condition.  :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    Tumour:

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
     :/ 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    :( 
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    We had 5 dogs until 2nd Jan this year - had to put down our dachshund. My wife is a vet nurse so had her in at work with her but after one session of chemo she went downhill fast and we had to let her go - she was with us for most of the kids lives - they are 13 and 12 and she was 11. We have a 10yr old Retreiver and 3 younger collies as well as 2 cats that are also getting on - it's going to be hard on the family each time one goes.

Wish you all the best with Winnie - every tumour or disease is different so don't give up hope - but also, make sure the decision you make is for her and not for you - and I don't say it to be mean but it's easy to be selfish in these situations as it's hard to let go :( 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Vaiai said:

Wish you all the best with Winnie - every tumour or disease is different so don't give up hope - but also, make sure the decision you make is for her and not for you - and I don't say it to be mean but it's easy to be selfish in these situations as it's hard to let go :( 

The more time I spend seeing her, the more I realise this. Honestly.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So sorry to hear this.

Hoping for a good outcome.

• 'sorry' and 'sympathy' get used a lot at times like this but I do mean it
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Very sorry about this.
    I remember that photo you posted of her with snow and icicles around her chops. She looks lovely and friendly.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    Vaiai said:
     I don't say it to be mean but it's easy to be selfish in these situations as it's hard to let go :( 

We've been there a couple of times in recent years.

You can rationalise it as  being the "right thing to do" as much as you like, but it's still one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to take, and it still brings tears to my eyes when I think of one of them particularly.

Best wishes @Gassage.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    TTony said:
    Vaiai said:
     I don't say it to be mean but it's easy to be selfish in these situations as it's hard to let go :( 

You can rationalise it as  being the "right thing to do" as much as you like, but it's still one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to take, and it still brings tears to my eyes when I think of one of them particularly.

Best wishes @Gassage.
    +1 on the hardest decision. The mental wrestle with myself was difficult. However once I’d rationalised everything and made the decision I coped much better than I ever imagined I would. I had to be strong for the family I guess.

We elected to have our dog PTS at home which saved him the trauma of a last trip in the car to the vets, the waiting around etc.

It allowed us a proper goodbye without feeling conscious of the surrounding vets/customers.

All the best for Winnie whatever the outcome.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Best wishes from us mate - one of ours is an old girl with cushings disease, pancreatitis, and arthritis. Her quality of life is still good at the moment, but we know one day soon it won't be, and we will have to do the inevitable. 

MIL picked one up just before Christmas with massive tumours - she had weeks and we took her in for Christmas so she didn't have to die in the kennels. We took her to the vet and by luck got the head vet who thought he could remove them. Said it was 50/50. So we said nothing to lose. She's now got a prognosis of 2-4 years and is bouncing around, so there's always a chance. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    edited February 2018
    James And Winnie... warmest thoughts and best wishes from yower Black Country friend...
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Iamnobody said:
    TTony said:
    Vaiai said:

Best wishes @Gassage.
    +1 on the hardest decision. The mental wrestle with myself was difficult. However once I’d rationalised everything and made the decision I coped much better than I ever imagined I would. I had to be strong for the family I guess.

We elected to have our dog PTS at home which saved him the trauma of a last trip in the car to the vets, the waiting around etc.

It allowed us a proper goodbye without feeling conscious of the surrounding vets/customers.

All the best for Winnie whatever the outcome.
    +2. I was hoping something, or someone would take the decision out of my hands. For 6 weeks I wrestled with my thoughts then made a decision, then spent a further 48 weeks second guessing myself. I have never, ever felt worse. I lack the articulation to truly express my anguish. I didn't realise how uncomfortable he was until I did 'our' walk with our new pup 6 months later. A walk that the old boy did in an hour if I hustled him and two if I didn't took under ten minutes with the youngster.

Gassage, best wishes.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    So sorry to hear the news mate, I've been in the same position a few times and it is heartbreaking.

I know you will do the best for Winnie. 
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    James. Sorry to hear the news mate. Thoughts with you. 
  • Sorry to hear this, thoughts with you and Winnie.

I hope the outcome is better than feared.
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • Really sorry to hear this news I've been there and its such a rubbish situation
    All,

Winnie has left the building.

Thanks for all the wishes.

Love you all, well most of you.

x