Jimi Hendrix Experience Live Royal Albert Hall

RabsRabs Frets: 2607
edited December 2017 in Music tFB Trader

Some of you may remember I had a thread with vids from the Royal Albert Hall gig he did..  And thy were taken down pretty quick. Loads of cool stuff in this footage including Room full of Mirrors which im not sure ive heard him do live before, a flute solo, bongos and that footage of him playing acoustic at the end

Well I just found a new link to the whole gig   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice one. 

Just seen the announcement that he’s got a new album out next March, 10 more “unreleased” tracks. 
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    edited December 2017 tFB Trader

Ohh.. Didn't know about that.. Cheers..  Even though im always a bit suspect when they do this..  Some have been good some not so much, you get the feeling they are scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit..  We will see.. I will check it out regardless..  I have too 

http://www.nme.com/news/music/new-jimi-hendrix-album-announced-featuring-10-unreleased-songs-2169194

'Both Sides Of The Sky' is out in March

A posthumous Jimi Hendrix album has been announced, featuring 10 previously unreleased recordings.

‘Both Sides Of The Sky’ will be released on March 9 via Sony Legacy, and features a recording of Joni Mitchell‘s ‘Woodstock’, alongside collaborations with Stephen Stills, Lonnie Youngblood, Jonny Winter, and Billy Cox and Buddy Miles from Hendrix’s ‘Band of Gypsys’ lineup.

The release is the final part of a trilogy of archival releases for Hendrix, following 2013’s ‘People, Hell and Angels’ and 2010’s ‘Valleys of Neptune’.

1. Mannish Boy
    2. Lover Man
    3. Hear My Train a Comin’
    4. Stepping Stone
    5. $20 Fine
    6. Power of Soul
    7. Jungle
    8. Things I Used to Do
    9. Georgia Blues
    10. Sweet Angel
    11. Woodstock
    12. Send My Love to Linda
    13. Cherokee Mist

• Yeah like you i’m sceptical, but i’ll certainly be buying it anyway!
  • Rabs said:

Ohh.. Didn't know about that.. Cheers..  Even though im always a bit suspect when they do this..  Some have been good some not so much, you get the feeling they are scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit..  We will see.. I will check it out regardless..  I have too 

http://www.nme.com/news/music/new-jimi-hendrix-album-announced-featuring-10-unreleased-songs-2169194

'Both Sides Of The Sky' is out in March

A posthumous Jimi Hendrix album has been announced, featuring 10 previously unreleased recordings.

‘Both Sides Of The Sky’ will be released on March 9 via Sony Legacy, and features a recording of Joni Mitchell‘s ‘Woodstock’, alongside collaborations with Stephen Stills, Lonnie Youngblood, Jonny Winter, and Billy Cox and Buddy Miles from Hendrix’s ‘Band of Gypsys’ lineup.

The release is the final part of a trilogy of archival releases for Hendrix, following 2013’s ‘People, Hell and Angels’ and 2010’s ‘Valleys of Neptune’.

1. Mannish Boy
    2. Lover Man
    3. Hear My Train a Comin’
    4. Stepping Stone
    5. $20 Fine
    6. Power of Soul
    7. Jungle
    8. Things I Used to Do
    9. Georgia Blues
    10. Sweet Angel
    11. Woodstock
    12. Send My Love to Linda
    13. Cherokee Mist

Looks like a fair bit of new stuff, so I'll be definitely be purchasing my copy!  Although the supposedly unreleased Mannish Boy is already on the "Blues" albumn so I too am a little sceptical...
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    If I remember correctly, there are ten different versions of mannish boy. 
  • Does anyone know anywhere I can stream/purchase the video of that royal albert hall gig? Can't seem to find it anywhere. 
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    edited February 2018 tFB Trader
    frank1985 said:
    Does anyone know anywhere I can stream/purchase the video of that royal albert hall gig? Can't seem to find it anywhere. 

Well if it helps.. the reason I think they are being so hardcore getting all this footage removed is that they are planning a DVD release..  meanwhile versions of it pop up here and there

Watch it while its hot  (it at least has some of the footage in it)

• frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited February 2018
    Rabs said:
    frank1985 said:
    Does anyone know anywhere I can stream/purchase the video of that royal albert hall gig? Can't seem to find it anywhere. 

Well if it helps.. the reason I think they are being so hardcore getting all this footage removed is that they are planning a DVD release..  meanwhile versions of it pop up here and there

Watch it while its hot  (it at least has some of the footage in it)

Thanks! This is sublime...A DVD would be great