Dr Z Maz 18 advice

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    CloudNine said:
    Well built, quite versatile, extremely loud, a bit stiff sounding/feeling, show up all your mistakes so better bring your A game.
    Perfect summary.

I had and gigged one for years - certainly improves your playing! Responds FAST

I had the Non-Reverb version in a 1x12 combo - really liked it with a G12M25 greenback in (they come with G12H30 as standard) 

One thing I loved about it was that there are a bunch of ways to get a great sound - was even fun with all vol and EQ controls maxed, a bit of attentuation and ride the volume control. 

It never sounded quite as good using the effects loop so I ran mine into the front. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 415
    Thanks for such great advice. Carrying spare valves and fuses is slightly concerning. I have gigged my hrd about 30 times and never had a single issue. I know i sounds like a newbie to boutique hand wired amps but thats because i am. Just want to mke sure what ever i purchase will be reliable.

UPDATE: i have also been looking into Morgan PR12 which sound immense on youtube but maybe a little under powered. Need to go and try both the morgan and maz!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    As said, really great amps. The only thing I'd add to the conversation is to try a Bad Cat as well, because they're even better :P 
    Not wrong there, Beast of an amp, I love mine :)
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    I don't think you should be concerned about carrying spare valves and fuses, I've been doing it for years, and that was with Fender and Boogie amps long before I got the Z. It's just a precaution, and the only time I ever actually needed a spare was when the EL84 reverb driver in a Fender Vibroking I used to own stopped working. That was probably 15 years ago. Most  gigging players I know carry spares.