SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: TV Jones Classic Filtertron/Powertron or similar pickups

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Fletcher pickups seem very well priced 
    He is impossible to get hold of, all emails and website contact just bounce back suggesting he has gone into hibernation.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    Jalapeno said:
    He does say he hopes to re-open 1st March.

That’s TWO WEEKS away! I’ll have changed my mind four times and settled on a set of EMGs by then!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jimbro66 said:
    If your guitar is already routed for HBs you could perhaps look at the Oil City Cow-Tron Classic HB. Humbucker size but with all the tonal goodness of filtertrons.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer

Fletcher pickups seem very well priced and the Creamery offers lots of variants.
    Thanks: never heard of Fletcher before but will have a look. I’ve a Creamery Wide Range in my jazzmaster and it’s a fine bit of kit.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2924
    tFB Trader

That'd odd about the bounces, he (Ben Fletcher) posted something on Instagram about a week ago I think. Maybe two weeks.

I've got a pair of his trad-wind Trons that sound great. And a hotter Classic+ level one, but as yet untried. Thinking about a Mojo Foiltron to pair in the neck. Meaty bridge & trad-style output neck is popular in Gretschland. Had TV Jones & others before, I like the Fletchers just as much. Demo linky fwiw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Right.  Sorted.  A store in the US via Reverb was able to sort me out with a loaded guard in the colour I wanted, with wiring harness and a set of TV Jones Classics for a really decent price (subject to imprt taxes and all that malarkey).  Thanks for all the help and advice, and watch out for the incredibly gripping mod thread any time soon.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2418
    Looking forward to that :)
  • Hey Bill ,that's a great demo of the Fletcher pickups. Really sweet playing. I am looking at getting a pair,later in the year for a  thinline jazzmaster build with bigsby.
    Cheers
    Mark.
  • Corvus said:

That'd odd about the bounces, he (Ben Fletcher) posted something on Instagram about a week ago I think. Maybe two weeks.

Must be my email address then (wouldn’t be the first time), I though it was weird as I hadn’t heard anything about him throwing in the towel.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    JerkMoans said:
    Right.  Sorted.  A store in the US via Reverb was able to sort me out with a loaded guard in the colour I wanted, with wiring harness and a set of TV Jones Classics for a really decent price (subject to imprt taxes and all that malarkey).  Thanks for all the help and advice, and watch out for the incredibly gripping mod thread any time soon.
    I’m really looking forward to hearing/seeing this! I’m thinking of doing something similar (although maybe just a TVJ in the neck of my 69style thinline) so I love how this site allows me to live vicariously through people like your good self :-) 
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    tFB Trader
    Hey Bill ,that's a great demo of the Fletcher pickups. Really sweet playing. I am looking at getting a pair,later in the year for a  thinline jazzmaster build with bigsby.
    Cheers
    Mark.

Hi Mark, thanks very much! Sounds like a fine project there...
    Hey Bill ,that's a great demo of the Fletcher pickups. Really sweet playing. I am looking at getting a pair,later in the year for a  thinline jazzmaster build with bigsby.
    Cheers
    Mark.
    Where would you find the body‽ sounds a cracking plan!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Corvus said:

I've got a pair of his trad-wind Trons that sound great. And a hotter Classic+ level one, but as yet untried. Thinking about a Mojo Foiltron to pair in the neck. Meaty bridge & trad-style output neck is popular in Gretschland. Had TV Jones & others before, I like the Fletchers just as much. Demo linky fwiw

Nice demo @Corvus. Played clean those Fletcher pickups show impressive clarity and presence but they also hold up very well towards the end of the vid with lots of o/d.

Impressive guitar build too. Take a bow :)

Just out of interest what trem did you use and are you happy with it?

tFB Trader
    Cheers muchly @Jimbro66 :) The trem's a Hipshot stainless job with the narrow spacing, I made a stainless plate for under the pivot area, not sure how much that adds to it but it feels silky smooth and it's very nicely machined. The one bug is the trem arm fit into the plastic collar has slightly loosened twice recently, you can only get at the adjusting screw with the bridge off. I'll try a tiny dab of nail varnish or similar on the screw, maybe just needs a bit of locking in place.
    edited February 2018
    @Corvus maybe try a couple of wraps of plumbers PTFE tape round the screw threads.

ps GREAT build: just watched your video
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Corvus said:
    Cheers muchly @Jimbro66 :) The trem's a Hipshot stainless job with the narrow spacing, I made a stainless plate for under the pivot area, not sure how much that adds to it but it feels silky smooth and it's very nicely machined. The one bug is the trem arm fit into the plastic collar has slightly loosened twice recently, you can only get at the adjusting screw with the bridge off. I'll try a tiny dab of nail varnish or similar on the screw, maybe just needs a bit of locking in place.

Thanks for the feedback. That's useful info.

edited February 2018 tFB Trader
    @JerkMoans ta mate. The screw's a tiddler grub screw, I'd struggle to wrap it maybe but that reminded me I've got some thread sealant glop that might do the trick if too small to tape up. It sets up but not super hard like a glue or something.