players who refer to their instruments as 'she', 'my baby', etc, in a way that makes you wonder...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3359
    Had a guy leave a car in for some work once, fair enough it was a niceish car but every day he would walk straight into the workshop asking how his baby was, "its fucked mate"" never went down too well with him.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    In my humble opinion, anyone who does this is firstly wrong and secondly needs a BC Rich. Sticking up them. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
    I know I've said it before but you really shouldn't anthropomorhise your guitars. They don't like it.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    HAL9000 said:
    I know I've said it before but you really shouldn't anthropomorhise your guitars. They don't like it.
    hahaha
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    My other bit of social media is Facebook stuff for camper/ motorhome owners and giving your vehicle a name is pretty common. We have too although I'd say that was more the work of MrsTheWeary. 
    I guess in part it's about trying to soften the idea of having spent a small fortune or establish it's uniqueness ( it's not just another Epiphone it's Ernie the Epiphone and therefore special in some way). 
    Also a lot of people who say ''fur babies" and that wants to make me gag. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    IMO 'he' 'she' are personal pronouns that refer to things that have gender, and because I'm not French that doesn't include inanimate objects. So 'he' 'she' for people and animals, 'it' for anything else, including cars, boats, aircraft, guitars, WHY.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
    It’s usually done by people selling the guitar and they think by calling it ‘she’ the potential buyer will think it’s so good that the last owner formed a bond.
  • interstellarinterstellar Frets: 486
    wankers
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    wankers
    Pithy.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    wankers
    Oscar Wilde - he lives!

In all seriousness though, you can say what you like. When they change the law, I am marrying my ES-345.....fact.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    JezWynd said:
    wankers
    Pithy.
    Have you developed a lisp?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    My other bit of social media is Facebook stuff for camper/ motorhome owners and giving your vehicle a name is pretty common. We have too although I'd say that was more the work of MrsTheWeary. 
    I guess in part it's about trying to soften the idea of having spent a small fortune or establish it's uniqueness ( it's not just another Epiphone it's Ernie the Epiphone and therefore special in some way). 
    "I guess in part it's about trying to soften the idea of having spent a small fortune or establish it's uniqueness ( it's not just another Epiphone it's Ernie the Epiphone and therefore special in some way)."

that's a really interesting idea. as if they are buying a pet or something with a soul, so innately worth more than an inanimate object wthout a soul?
    that's very japanese or buddhist or something along those ancient eastern philosophical lines.

i had never thought about it like that.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    Just to add a little bit to the conversation, in the Royal Navy all ships are historically referred to as "she".

My late Dad and his shipmates always used this term as the ship was their home and fighting weapon for many years.

I find it kind of touching actually.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    vale said:
    "I guess in part it's about trying to soften the idea of having spent a small fortune or establish it's uniqueness ( it's not just another Epiphone it's Ernie the Epiphone and therefore special in some way)."

that's a really interesting idea. as if they are buying a pet or something with a soul, so innately worth more than an inanimate object wthout a soul?
    that's very japanese or buddhist or something along those ancient eastern philosophical lines.

i had never thought about it like that.
    Using names or gender pronouns certainly are a way of elevating worth and hilighting a ‘relationship.’ 
    I’m going to put it back in it’s case.
    I’m going to put Shelia back in her case. 
    I guess we do the opposite to people - look at the ***s on that - to objectify/ make them less than human.
    In the case of something like a ship it’s that your relationship with her is the most important relationship you have. 

Interesting area. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom