Something I played on

What's Hot
horsehorse Frets: 1560
First single from an album I played keys on for J R Harbidge - appreciate it if anyone takes a listen:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    Not the kind of music that blows my head off, but it does look as though this Harbidge lad wants to turn fully professional. Well done! Those keys of yours take a significant part in this kind of music. Were you given the score? Were you free to arrange?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1560
    IvanMC said:
    Not the kind of music that blows my head off, but it does look as though this Harbidge lad wants to turn fully professional. Well done! Those keys of yours take a significant part in this kind of music. Were you given the score? Were you free to arrange?
     Thanks for taking a listen. I don't think he's under any illusion about giving up the day job just yet, but he is putting a lot of planning and effort into the promotional side as well as having mixed and mastered the album himself.

I was free to arrange he keyboard parts against completed tracks as he hadn't planned on having any keys - mostly he used the ideas I had sent him as 'how about something like this', which saved time going back and forth, but slightly irritates me to listen to now I've developed what I'm playing a bit more on the live versions since then...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 604
    I really like that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    notanon said:
    I really like that.
     Cool - thanks for giving it a listen - also on Spotify if that's of interest:

https://open.spotify.com/album/1qKDqI34rtwaJmt2ZHKYKc?si=1FephtZMQMGvCpnUciZ69Q

• WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Excellent stuff. If I had a particular sound that I aimed for, that would be the one. All the instruments are there, organ, a nice light drum, acoustic led, good groove.

Really good - thanks for sharing.
    Wolfetone said:
    Excellent stuff. If I had a particular sound that I aimed for, that would be the one. All the instruments are there, organ, a nice light drum, acoustic led, good groove.

Really good - thanks for sharing.
     Thanks mate - glad you liked it
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    quite easy on the ear - tom petty n a bit of dylan as influences ?  liked when the harmonica dropped in as was waiting for a tele solo , maybe a few bars longer ?  are you gigging with him now ?
    JMP220478 said:
    quite easy on the ear - tom petty n a bit of dylan as influences ?  liked when the harmonica dropped in as was waiting for a tele solo , maybe a few bars longer ?  are you gigging with him now ?
     Thanks - only played one full band gig with him so far, but hopefully more once the album is out. Playing keys for him in duo form next weekend (at least that's the plan - we'll see how it works in rehearsal this week)